YES, Please Cook!

Living with Tohru, and her cousins was strange at first. Katsumi was not used to having every moment of the day dedicated only to herself. She spent the first few days at Shigure's sleeping to avoid the pain, and slowly she began to recover. After a while she began to feel better, and slowly migrated out of hers and Tohru's bedroom to the living room. She felt most comfortable with Tohru, who had spent hours sitting with Katusmi while she recovered. Tohru would tell Katsumi about her day, being careful to detail the moments that Tohru spent at home with Shigure, Kyo, and Yuki. Katsumi felt safe with Tohru, who radiated an aura that was constantly pleasant, and warm. Nothing about Tohru seemed dark, and tainted by the hateful energy that plagued those who where cursed by the zodiac. Each day that passed, Katsumi grew more comfortable with the life that Shigure had offered her. Some days, Shigure even dared to guess that Katsumi was content. Though the girl never smiled, or even uttered a single word, she was no longer staying hidden in their bedroom.

Katsumi sat leaned against the table, everyone was busy today. Shigure, was in his study working, and the three teens were at school. She sighed, blowing her bangs away from her eyes.  Tohru had told Katsumi that she had to work tonight, if she was gone, who was going to make supper? Katsumi knew that neither Shigure, nor Yuki were any good at cooking, and she assumed Kyo wasn't going too. She drummed her fingers against the notebook lying on the table, letting out a heavy sigh, she picked up the pencil to write. Katsumi got to her feet, and went to knock shyly on Shigure's study door. He opened it in a hurry, balancing a pen between his top lip and his nose.

"Oh Katsumi, what a surprise! Is there something I can help you with?" She squeaked, widening her eyes and holding up her notebook.

"Shigure, Tohru told me she wasn't going to be home to cook tonight. I was wondering if I could have some money to pick up groceries for dinner, I don't think anyone else here cooks- so I'd like to." Her cousins eye's lit up, and a large grin greets his face.

"You mean we're going to be graced with Great Katsumi's cooking? I only get your cooking once a year at the New Years Banquet! YES, please cook!" Shigure shoves his wallet in her hands, giving her a brilliant smile.

"Please use as much as you need!" Katsumi balances the notebook against the wall, and wrote.

"Thank you so much, I will be home soon with the groceries." She replied, before running upstairs to change into clothes more appropriate for public.

Katsumi kept lots of space between herself and other people, as she gathered the required ingredients at the market

Katsumi kept lots of space between herself and other people, as she gathered the required ingredients at the market. The store wasn't usually too busy at this hour, so Katsumi enjoyed having the place mostly to herself. She hurriedly gathered the items from her list, hoping to leave the store quickly, but something caught her eye. She smiled to herself, adding it to her basket, as well as a few extra ingredients. She paid the lady with a smile, bowing politely before exiting the store. Katsumi admired the beautiful day as she walked down the street, enjoying the feeling of the sun warming her skin. By the time she had reached the dirt road, her arms had begun to ache from the weight of the bags. She sighed, setting the bags down for a moment to rest. Katsumi's chest felt tight, she missed her brother. She couldn't remember the last time she had seen Momiji, she wondered how he was. Was he doing okay? Was he eating enough? Was he... Happy? Did Momiji miss her, as much as she missed him? Katsumi's eyes stung, as tears threatened to spill. She wouldn't dare let him see her like this, broken and bruised. He'd only worry, and her big brother had done enough worrying in his life. She sniffled, wiping away a few stray tears.