Twins Are Cute

Katsumi let out a small yawn, inching closer to the solid, warm object that pressed against her chest. Something underneath her head stirred, alarming her enough to open her eyes. She blinks, coming face to face with a sleeping Yuki. A surprised gasp escaped her mouth, before she rolled to face opposite from him. She wasn't sure why she had been so startled by this occurrence, since the two had spent many nights together sharing a bed. That was before they had moved into Shigure's home, somehow this time felt different. Katsumi felt a strong desire to turn around and see him, to admire Yuki sleeping peacefully. She hesitated, before nervously turning back around. She rested her head against the cool pillow, pulling the blankets up to her chin. Yuki slept peacefully beside her, blissfully unaware of her frantic presence. She felt like a complete stalker, but she was drawn to him. In just a little under a year, Yuki had changed a lot. He had become a lot thinner, taller, and more muscular. It was simple, Yuki had become more of an adult. Yet, somehow Katsumi had stayed the same. She couldn't help but wonder if his hair had remained as soft as it was, it had grown longer since she had last seen him. Katsumi reached a shaky hand out, resting it on the side of his head. Yuki's hair bunched beneath her fingers, still feeling silky and soft. She ran her fingers through it, smiling softly down at him. Katsumi missed him, more than she knew, more than she'd like to admit. He was her Yuki, as selfish as it sounded. He had always been her Yuki, the two rarely parted ways since the ages of seven, and eight. She closed her eyes, feeling for the first time since she had left the Estate, at peace. Yuki was here, they were together at Shigure's, and most importantly they were safe. Yuki's hand reached up, grabbing her hand into his. His was warm, against her cold. She was here, with Yuki. Katsumi began to feel drowsy, as she laid next to Yuki, feeling warm and safe.

~ 🌼 ~ 🐀 ~ 🌸 ~ 🐇 ~

Katsumi awoke to the spot beside her empty, and cold. She sat up, rubbing the sleep from her eyes. At first she was startled by the unfamiliar scenery that surrounded her, but she quickly remembered that she and Yuki had shared a bedroom for the night. She smiled, recalling their conversation from the night before. Each had gotten the chance to express their feelings, and had soon realized that all this time- they had both been feeling guilty for no reason. Katsumi yawned, stretching her arms above her head before making Yuki's bed, and exiting his room. She padded down the stairs, immediately hearing Kyo yelling angrily.

"Lay off me, stupid rat." There was a bang, and a splash. Katsumi sighed, shaking her head as she entered the kitchen.

"Oops, looks like you spilled the milk. Go and buy more for us." Yuki sighed, his towel still resting on his head.

"You jerk!" Kyo spat, dripping with milk. She groans, grabbing the towel off Yuki's head to clean the spilled milk. "That's it. We're settling this right now."

"A cat, and a rat." Hana-Chan's voice came from behind us, the four of them gasp. "Uncanny."

"O-Oh, hello! Y-You're up! Can I get you something?" Tohru fussed, holding her hands up in surprise.

"Why do you say that?" Uo-Chan asked, as Katsumi continued to wipe the last drop of milk off the ground. She then, drop the wet, smelly towel on Kyo's head.

"Both of you are far too noisy in the morning," she scolded. Before walking over to the three girls, smiling at them.

"Good morning, my apologies for not presenting myself last night. I was feeling unwell." She bowed, mentally scolding herself for not making an appearance. A hand ruffles her hair, making her look up in surprise.

"Hey, it's no big deal Little Duck. We'll just have to do it again," Uo-Chan says, smiling down at her.

"Yes, this seems like a fun house to live in. I'd decided that if I came over and found out it was a bad environment for Tohru; I'd do all sorts of things to the two of you." Hana-Chan, says glaring at the boys.