A Little Warning

The Sohma's family trip had come to and end, and it had left Katsumi to return home with a lot baring down on her mind. She laid in bed that night, her mind spinning with anxiety; although there was some relief with Ayame knowing about her and Yuki. She didn't have the heart to fully trust the bumbling idiot not to accidentally spill their secret, Katsumi tossed and turned that night sleeping only but a wink. As the sun shone through her windows, she tiredly pulled herself out from her bed and downstairs. The day seem to drag on, she spent most of the day dwelling on her thoughts, not really paying much attention to anything. Tohru seemed to notice her distress, and asked that she and Yuki could do her shopping for her as she had many chores that needed to get done before the teens return to school. They both obliged, grateful for the opportunity to get out of the house just the two of them. The two ready themselves, and then head out for their grocery shopping adventure. Katsumi walked silently beside her boyfriend, both of them gazing up at the chilly rainy sky.

"You seem awfully quiet today, what's bothering you?" Yuki suddenly announces, drawing her attention towards his concerned face. She twirls a piece of hair around her finger, tilting her head to the side as she thought.

"I'm just worried about your brother accidentally telling someone about our secret," Katsumi admits sheepishly. Yuki tilts his head to the side, nodding thoughtfully as she spoke.

"Yes, I agree he is an idiot- but, something about him that day seemed oddly serious. I say let's trust him for now, he may be an idiot but I don't think he'd like to see either of us get hurt from a petty slip up like that." He reassures her, taking her small hand into his as they walked. Katsumi gazed up at his face, reading the somber expression that seemed to promise her that everything will be alright. She sighs, running a hand through her silky golden hair.

"Yes, alright." She agrees with a small smile, Yuki was right- as of now, there was no reason for her to be worrying.

- - -

The couple had finished their impromptu shopping trip, and was now heading back home. The rain could be resembled as large sheets of water, as it pelted from the sky. Making the two seek shelter, under the nearest dry spot they could find. They made idle chat, as they watched the rain begin too slow.

"Looks like the rain's dying down, but let's wait here a little longer." Yuki told her, reaching his hand out as he tested the rain.

"'Kay!" She chirped, leaning into his shoulder as the two watched the sky.

"So, the finals are coming up. Will you be studying for these ones?" He asked, glancing down at her with thoughtful expression. Katsumi cringed, letting out annoyed groan.

"No, I don't think I'll need to study, man finals are such a boring day." Katsumi whined, throwing her head back. Yuki chuckled, reaching down to pat her head.

"Before that, we have the student council elections." She pointed out, making Yuki copy her actions. "And from what I understand, president Takei wants you to take his place after he graduates. But it looks like maybe... You'd would rather not." She drawled out at the end, looking up at the unimpressed look on his face.

"No. I wouldn't. Not at all. I don't know what he expects of me, what they expect, but they've got the wrong idea. 'Cause the real me is more..." He trails off, looking sullenly out into the rain.

"You haven't got a clue who the real you are... Don't you?" Katsumi questioned, tilting her head to the side as she looks up. Yuki stares down at her, his eyes wide as she smiles up at her boyfriend.

"Look, it's tapered off enough, we should be good to go." He said, turning the attention away from their conversation. Just as they were about to leave, a familiar head of bouncing white hair stole away with their attention.