Garbage Collection Day?

The bell chimed signalling the end of class, Katsumi stretched her arms abover her head, letting out a bored yawn. Today's school day had been dedicated to final exams, and much to her dismay Katsumi had finished her exams hours ago. She fidgeted aimlessly, becoming agitated as her unreleased energy seemed to pile.

"That's it. Times up. No complaining. Pass your tests to the front." Mayuko-Sensei informed the class, though Katsumi was sure that most students were willing to comply. She bounced from her seat, her bunny ears springing from her head. Katsumi approached Tohru at the same time Yuki had, she jumped onto his shoulders.

"Miss Honda. How'd it go?" Yuki asked their friend, smiling down at her.

"You know what? I think I did much better than I expected to. I filled in a lot more of the blanks than usual." Tohru exclaimed determinedly, pumping both her fist in excitement.

"Oh yeah? I'm real proud of ya, Tohru." Uo-Chan chanted, coming over and placing her hand on Tohru's head.

"Thanks!" Tohru cheered, grinning at her friends.

"I knew it was within your power to pass this exam." Hana-Chan encouraged, patting Tohru's shoulder.

"Katsumi tutored me, so she's the one who should get the credit. The way you explained things was so clear. Seriously, I couldn't have done it without you." Tohru told her, bowing at Katsumi. Katsumi giggled from her comfortable spot perched on Yuki's shoulders, she sent her friend a radiant smile.

"No thanks necessary, after all I'm just glad I got to spend so much time with you!" Katsumi said cheerily, tilting her head as she gave Tohru a warm smile.

Yuki noticed the shocked expressions that passed around the three girls, and found himself jealous. He wanted to see the smile that Katsumi had given to Tohru, in his head he could picture a warm, welcoming smile. He could tell by just the sound of her voice.

"Hey, Hanajima. You're lucky you've got that brainwave stuff. Bet you ace every test, don't you? How'd you feel about the midterms?" Yusuke asked, grinning at the dark haired girl. Hana-Chan stared back at their classmate, her expression blank.

"Oh, those? Let's see. I went to special tutoring for them. After the test, the school called my house. Yes, I recall my mother weeping." Hana-Chan said with a straight-face, Katsumi twisted around on Yuki's shoulder wanting to see their friends reactions.

"But, uh, what about your wave powers?" Hiroshi asked, sweatdropping.

"The logical conclusion is that I'm an idiot. So much so, that my powers can't make up for it." The dark-haired girl concluded, without so much as an expression.

"Eh, I wouldn't worry to much about that. At least you can be sure you'll never be the dumbest person in the room." Uo-Chan said loudly, drawing the attention of a certain red-headed boy in the corner. Until then, Katsumi had been sure Kyo was lost in his own world.

"What's that? For your sake, I hope you're not talking about me." The cat said, Katsumi narrowed her eyes at him. She had lost any joy in the conversation, as soon as she noticed that her ill-tempered cousin had been wearing his shoes improperly. It was obvious he slipped his shoes on quickly, not paying any care in slipping on his heel. No. He walked on them, crushing down the back of his shoe. Her bunny ear twitched, as her gaze zeroed in on him.

"I never took review less- Uh, Katsumi?" Kyo paused mid sentence, she leap off Yuki's shoulders not uttering even a single word. Katsumi grabbed him by the ankle, knocking her cousin off his feet.

"Fix your heels, it's bad manors to wear your shoes like this..." She scolded, tucking his heels into his shoes, like a mother would a child. Katsumi stood up smiling, feeling an immense amount of relief lift from her chest. She turned on her heels, and found that her entire group of friends had been staring at her in shock.