Kyon-Kyon, Ich Liebe Dich

Katsumi remained rather ill for a number of days, before she had even begun to recover from her cold. By the time she had felt well enough to return to school, it was the day before Valentines day. She padded down the steps, tugging her pink school sweater over her head. When she entered the living room, Tohru had a steaming bowl of soup waiting for her on the table. She sat herself down, rubbing at her eyes sleepily.

"Good morning Katsumi, it's a relief to see you sitting down at the table with us again." Her elder cousin, Shigure, greets her.  She smiles drowsily, as he sips at his soup.

"Ahh. Thanks for the soup, Tohru. It's divine." Shigure announces, a slight blush feathering his cheeks.

"I'm so glad you like it!" Tohru says, grinning at the kimono wearing pervert.

"Just one more way you've changed things. We never ate breakfast when it was just me, and Yuki." He tells Tohru, pleased that the girl had come to live with them. Katsumi froze, bowl mid way to her mouth- before letting out a tiny sneeze.

"Are you sure you're feeling well enough to go to school?" Yuki questions her, rising to his feet to feel her forehead. She glanced up at him innocently, her eyes wide.

"Yes, I sneeze. That's a normal body function, isn't it?" Katsumi asked, tilting her head to the side. Yuki sighed, letting his hand fall to his side.

"You're don't have a fever anymore, so I suppose I can't object." The grey-haired boy mutter, sending one last worried glance her way. She smiled up at him reassuringly, her eyes sparkling brightly.

"No need to worry, I promise to tell you immediately if I feel unwell again." She told him, hoping to ease some of his worry. Katsumi would not attend school, unless she was well enough to ensure she would remain there the whole day. She was not an irresponsible student. Her stomach sunk, guilt settling in her chest as her mind flashed back to the day she fled from the festival. She had been selfish to abandon her classmates, she shook her head at the thought. As Katsumi chided herself for her foolish abandonment, as Kyo emerged from upstairs.

"Hm? Hello Kyo, good morning!" Tohru greeted him, in her usual cheery tone. The orange-headed boy ignored her, heading towards the fridge.

"Hey, come and eat." Shigure protested, unphased by the boys silent demeanour.

"Better hurry, or it'll all be gone." Yuki told him, his tone hostile as the address his rival.

"Don't you want breakfast?" Katsumi asked, her voice still slightly raspy from her many days of illness.

"Not hungry," the cat replied. She tilted her head to the side, sensing his uncalled for agitation.

"But-" Toharu started, staring off at the boy as he exited the kitchen.

"He can starve if he wants to." Yuki sighed, cutting her off.

"I wonder whats wrong." Tohru questions, her gaze landing on Katsumi.

"One can never know with Kyo, only time will tell." She sighed, taking a sip from her soup bowl.

~ 🌼 ~ 🐀 ~ 🌸 ~ 🐇 ~ 🌻 ~ 🍙 ~

The trio arrived to school, being greeted by their friends. Katsumi yawned, clinging onto the back of Yuki sweater as the walked towards the lockers.

"Katsumi, did you get enough sleep last night?" Tohru asked, taking note of the bunny's unusual quietness. Tohru noticed, as Katsumi grew more comfortable with her new group of friends- the more she began to show a kinship to her zodiac animal. Although, Katsumi was lively, and energetic at times. She still showed a tendency to be leery, and withdrawn.