I Too Am A Rodent.

Katsumi sat on the kitchen chair as Shigure bandaged her fingers, she stared off into the distance lost in thought. Her cousin smoothed down the band aid, watching her expression. She shook her head, scolding herself for not being able to push aside the memories. She had been removed from her trauma, yet she was still somehow haunted by Akito.

"You know," he starts crouching in front of her. "Recovery is a battle. It's a daily battle. Just keep fighting you beautiful girl, just hold on. Slowly, the battles will get easier. You went through something Katsumi, something that nobody else here can even begin to imagine. Even Yuki himself, did not experience the same thing. Your Mutti, Akito, being left behind by Yuki. Your external wounds have begun to heal, but the wounds you suffered internally are much more exponential. Your mind let's go of trauma by remembering what happened, this is a part of healing." Tears sparkle in Katsumi's eyes, Shigure put his hand on her cheek.

"This is just the start of a whole new life, don't give up on it just yet." He told her, wiping away a stray tear from her cheek. She nodded, giving him a small, weak smile. Katsumi hopped up off the chair, before finishing the dinner that she had started. Shigure smiled to himself, watching as his younger cousin chopped vegetables to fry. He knew that Yuki, and her had lots to over come before they could fully recognize their love for each other, but there's no denying that even though they had to face their own demons, the two will no doubt always be there for each other.

"Hatori is going to come check out your fingers, to make sure they don-" Katsumi turned to face Kyo, shoving a spoonful of fried vegetables in his mouth. His mouth hung open in shock for a moment, before chewing thoughtfully.

"Hey, what gives? I could have choked you know!" Kyo shouted, she tilted her head to the side, blinking up at him. He sighed, a blush colouring his cheeks.

"Yeah, yeah it's really good." Katsumi perked up, a large smile lighting up her face. Shigure noted it was a genuine smile, her first one since being here. Bunny ears popped from her head, and she threw her arms up in the air.

"What's got you so excited?" Shigure asked her, her ears perked up and she turned to look at him with large sparkling brown eyes. Katsumi flipped open her book, quickly scribbling words down on the paper.

"Kyo has never been allowed to the banquet, so I've never been able to cook for him. I wanted to make some of the dishes I'm required to make for the banquet so he could experience some of the rituals as well!" Her bunny ears, bounced excitedly as she hopped on Kyo's back. Kyo sweat dropped, reaching back to keep her from falling.

"You know, you remind me a lot of your brother when you do that..." Kyo deadpanned, but what Katsumi couldn't see was the bright red blush that crept up his face.

"Well, they are twins after all..." Shigure pointed out with a grin, she nodded in agreement before hopping off Kyo's back to usher them out of the kitchen so she could dish everything up. By the time everything had been brought out to the table, Tohru had just arrived home from work. Dinner had been late due to Katsumi's breakdown.