e l e v e n

heart made of glass, my mind of stone 」

"Why now, don't you just look like the most depressed person alive?"

Daniel shuffled into the living room, rubbing his eyes sleepily. The legs of his oversized long pants swept the floor as he moved, causing him a great deal of frustration at this unholy hour.

"Hey," he poked Seulgi's shoulder when he passed her to grab a glass of water from the kitchen. "You okay?"

The girl was huddled on a square of the long sofa with a blank expression on her face, sweater paws lying flat by her sides. She seemed surprised to be disturbed from her meditation, but she responded almost instantly. "Yeah."

"Sure?" Daniel filled his cup, then stared at hers, contemplating if he should get her some water too.

The reply that came was quieter and more hesitant this time, "Yeah."

Yeah, he should get her a glass too. He filled her glass too and took both out.

"Okay," he placed both cups onto the tea table infront of the long sofa and dropped comfortably beside her.

"You should get some sleep while you can," Seulgi said, glancing at the clock hung up on the dusty white wall on her right. "You've a long day ahead."

Daniel snorted, "Not really. The stock markets haven't been too active lately."

The two of them lapsed into a comfortable silence, until the dark-haired girl let out a shaky breath.

"I'm sorry."

He cocked his head, "For what?"

"Being selfish," she murmured. "I've only ever thought about what I want and did whatever I wished to, i have never thought about the consequences of my actions. And never paid for them, because you and San were always there to shoulder that responsibility in my place. I'm sorry, I didn't notice it earlier. I've been such a-" she struggled to find a suitable word. "Trash."

Daniel's eyes softened, "Is this about what happened in the afternoon?"

A ripple passed the girl's face, and he rushed to investigate it, but it was gone as quickly as it came.

"This afternoon wasn't the first time something like that happened, was it?"

The boy considered lying, but something about the look in her eyes told him she already knew the truth and was just waiting for him to say it.

"No," he confessed. "The Parks also dug into you back when...y'know." He ended off cautiously, not wanting to accidentally hurt her by bringing her not-so-happy past up. "How did you know about the Lees digging into you anyway?"

"Lee Jeno told me," she drew her legs up to her chest. "He's in my school apparently. A Computer Engineering major."

Daniel's face scrunched, "Why would he rat on himself? That's kind of dumb."