n i n e t e e n

「 无力 是我们最后难免的结局 」

It was about 9pm when Seulgi left Taeyong's apartment

It was about 9pm when Seulgi left Taeyong's apartment. The sun had obviously set and the streets were completely dark, save for the occasional weak lamp post flickers. The bleached-haired boy had offered to walk her home, but she insistently refused, knowing that if she had reached home with him, her two nosy housemates would bombard him with questions.

But right now, she was regretting that decision a little. It was quite of sad walking home alone in this chilly, quiet night. As she padded along the cobbled streets, she clutched her windbreaker tighter about her. Chills were repeatedly going down her spine,  making her feel more anxious and jumpy than she already was.

Tch! Her heartbeat spiked when she heard a pair of feet behind her step onto a dry leaf. The person cursed to himself, but continued walking on anyway.

Seulgi slowed her footsteps as she passed a junction, listening intently now. There was definitely more than just one person following her. There were approximately...what? Twelve? Sixteen? Twenty? The girl did not risk turning about, instead she walked on at a faster pace. Her fight or flight instincts had kicked in and she had absolutely no faith in being able to beat them all up, no matter how unskilled they could be. They were many and she was only one.

When her pace quickened, so did her pursuers'. She was still three streets away from her own house.... Seulgi closed her eyes then inhaled sharply. The footsteps were drawing close now and someone was coming really really close-

The dark-haired girl whirled about, swinging a hand out to catch her first attacker's wrist and then twisting it in a single fluid motion. The man dropped the knife in his grip, surprised by how quickly she moved.

"You wanna play dirty?" the girl sneered, "Oh, I'll play your sick game." She caught the fallen knife in mid-air and slashed the man across the chest, shoving him into the crowd of stunned pursuers.

Then the chaos begun.

After ten years of raising three troublesome kids up, Kim Taeyeon thought nothing could ever surprise her anymore.

As she sipped her night tea and flipped through her Dan Brown book, she expected absolutely no one to be knocking on her door, much less one of her very own children slamming it open and nearly tearing them from it's hinges.

"San?" her lips parted in surprise at the panting boy.

She lowered her mug and took off her spectacles as the boy caught his breath.

"Seulgi's been hospitalised, it's serious," he rushed out all at once, looking more panicked by the second. "She's at Saint Hilda's right now."