t w e n t y

「 thought I found a way ,
but you never go away 」

「 thought I found a way ,but you never go away 」

Samseong-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, South Korea

Mark had plenty of experiences with death.

His entire family had passed on, afterall, starting from his strict grandfather. He'd never really seen their dead bodies to confirm it for himself and neither did he ever want to. He heard about how they went down and that was enough to convince him they truly died.

People always said that death got easier to accept after the first one, but Mark sincerely doubted it. He felt equally as sad as he did over his grandfather's death when he heard his brother too had passed on.

And nothing could ever beat how shocked and hollow he felt when he saw Donghyuck's pale lifeless body splayed across the Lee Headquarters' steps at 5am in the morning.

One of his workers had called him over urgently, saying that there was a trashbag of broken limps in the company's dumpster and he'd initially rushed over to check that out. But now, there was more than just that to take care of.

"D-Donghyuck," he breathed out. His legs had given way under him, so he'd to practically crawl to his best friend.

The silver-haired boy looked so serene, so at peace, despite the dried blood all over the crown of his head, about his neck, and across his navel. He looked almost as if he was just asleep.

"Hyuck, c'mon, mate," Mark shook the other boy's shoulders. "D-don't scare me like that, man. Not cool." His fingers were trembling, his voice was trembling, everything seemed to be crashing down on him as he fumbled to feel the other boy's pulse. "Hyuck!"

He could hear one of the office workers open the Headquarters' doors and gasp, but he couldn't be bothered with that. His chest was crushing in on him and his world was growing darker by the second. Spots danced in his vision as he fought desperately to breathe.

"God, please...."

Taeyong did expect waking up to a message from Dongmin.

But he did not expect it to be what he just received.

dongmin: lee donghyuck was murdered last night

Taeyong blinked his bleary eyes at the message, then when it officially resounded in his head, he bolted upright.

Murdered? His heart raced. What the Hell? He lowered his phone, eyes darting about his neat room. When Taeyong had left Seulgi's ward last night to return to the alley he'd found the girl being surrounded in, he saw absolutely nothing left there, not even a single blood stain. He'd thought for sure that the mess was cleaned by Donghyuck, but now he wasn't so sure.