t h i r t y - s e v e n

「 因为成长, 我们逼不得已要习惯
因为成长, 我们忽尔间说散就散 」

「 因为成长, 我们逼不得已要习惯因为成长, 我们忽尔间说散就散 」

"Winner winner chicken dinner." A smile curved the dark-haired girl's lips as an Ace of Spades was added to her combination of a King and Queen card. A perfect 21.

The players beside her grumbled, visibly upset to be losing by the lot.

"Again!" one of them roared, pushing the remainder of his chips to the front.

Her phone buzzed and lit up from where it laid on the table, indicating an incoming call.

"Sorry lads," she said, feigning an apologetic look. "I'll be calling it a day."

Picking the plaques on her end, she offered a last smile before heading towards the casino operators to redeem her hard earned millions.

"Hello," she said with a fake accent, picking the insistent call up with her free hand. "This is Pizzahut Delivery, how may I-"

"Seulgi, hi." The voice on the other side was a little breathless and muffled, but the girl recognised it just fine.

"Oh wow, you aren't dead yet!" she chuckled. "You should drop 'Niel a text. We both thought you got lost and mobbed."

"Seulgi." San's voice was quiet now, serious. "Jeon Soyeon is dead." There was a disbelieving stutter towards the end of his sentence, but that was the last thing on her mind at that very moment.

For whole second, it was almost as if the ground underneath her had opened up and dragged her screaming and thrashing into an overwhelming pool of acid. Everything slowed down. The loud chatter in the room seemed to have halved in volume and her entire body went rigid. "What?"

"Jeon Soyeon is dead, Seulgs." The boy repeated, his voice definitely not stable now. "Shot."

She could feel one of the casino staff approach her and try to talk her out of standing in the middle of nowhere but his voice drowned out into the background. The only thing she could really hear loud and clear now was her own pounding heartbeat. "Who did it?" she exhaled out. She could feel it; the rage crashing in. The red hot fury coursing through her veins. The stab of inability and helplessness.

"Mom," San had started crying on the other end of the line for sure. "Mom." No. No. No way. No- San's breath came out in short laboured pants, drawing Seulgi's attention right back.

"San, are you-" she begun worriedly.

"And now they are coming to take revenge. Whatever you do, don't come to Macau. The Dong Clan-"

The line was intercepted and this time the voice from the other side was not San's, much to the dark-haired girl's horror.

"Sugar, I wasn't intending to do this actually, but your brother here left me with no choice. Can't underperform after San made such a big threatening promise, can I?" There was a short pause, followed by a gun click. "I'm giving you 24 hours, love. A 24 hours head-start. When that time is up, you best watch your back."