e i g h t e e n

「 得不到的永远在骚动

February, 2009Samseong-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, South Korea

February, 2009
Samseong-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, South Korea

Park Chanyeol woke up with the slow golden light of midday filtering through his windows, and his dog sleeping on his head.

Toben sometimes expressed her affection in this strange way. Chanyeol disentangled the dog from his hair with a short huff, wincing as the furbaby kicked about- paws and nails- in discomfort.

He then lowered the dog onto the carpeted ground with a gentle pat on it's head. "Good girl." Toben wagged her tail happily, and launched off to the kitchen, probably to search for her food bowl.

Chanyeol rolled over in bed so that he was lying on the mattress sideways. The window overlooking his bed was curtained by a white sheer fabric, which barely kept out the insistent splashes of golden afternoon sun. He lifted his head from the pillow he was resting his head on and realized what he was doing: searching the air for a trace of the smell of coffee.

It had happened several times in the last several weeks, Chanyeol excitedly dashing to the kitchen where the rich aroma of coffee came from, while putting on a discarded shirt, and finding Seulgi there. Chanyeol had bought a coffee-maker because Seulgi had once expressed her concern about his spending habits. "Pretty sure RISE Brewings Co. is only booming in the Industry because of you, mate," she had joked. "Five cans a day? Just get a coffee machine. Saves you a lot more dollars if you do the calculations right, Business major."

The machine was a bother, but Chanyeol was glad he had bought it. Seulgi had to know that he was willing to change, for her, and she did seemed to feel a sense of comfort around the machine that she did not about anything else. She made coffee without asking if she could and brought him a cup too whenever he was busy with his work. Everywhere else Seulgi was still tip-toeing, especially careful not to touch anything as if she had no right to them, as if she was just a visitor.

And yes, she was. It was only that Chanyeol had an irrational desire for her to feel at home in his house, as if that would mean something. As if that would give Chanyeol a claim on her, or indicate that she wanted to have a claim on him. Chanyeol supposed that was it. He wanted desperately for Seulgi to be here, and to be happy when she was here.

He could not kidnap the beautiful girl and keep her as a decoration about the house, however. Seulgi had fallen asleep twice- on the long sofa, not the bed. Once after a long slow night of kissing; and once when she'd come over for a brief cup of coffee, clearly exhausted after finishing a private mission, and she'd slid into unconsciousness almost instantly. Chanyeol had validated her fingerprint on his touch lock and gave her a spare key since she did come over in the early mornings occasionally and rarely was he awake earlier than 10am.

Everytime Seulgi had dropped by- or in the mornings after she'd slept over- Chanyeol woke to the sounds and smells of her making him coffee. She'd only done it a few times, had been there for a couple of mornings. It was not something Chanyeol should be getting used to.