t w e n t y - s i x

「 and i'll always love you 」

Lightning split the gloomy sky outside and a blast of wind loosened the lock on Seulgi's window's shutters

Lightning split the gloomy sky outside and a blast of wind loosened the lock on Seulgi's window's shutters. They creaked aside, pane raised.

The dark-haired girl leapt up to shut it. But she was one step too late.

A shadow fell across her body. The dark shape moved across the bough of the huge oak tree by her window with the stealth of a ninja. A black boot stepped into her room.

The gun that was previously on her desk was raised and cocked, pointed at the intruder lazily. "I have no money, no gold. But if you head to the window on the left, perhaps you can find some things you can pawn off for a few millions-"

"I can't believe you're encouraging thieves to rob San." The black boots were connected to black jeans, which were connected to a black leather jacket, which was connected to a face Seulgi had once loved more than life.

Rain spat through the window, but that was the least of her worries at the moment.

Chanyeol looked paler than ever, as if the storm had washed the pigment from his skin. He seemed to glow as he stood against the window, towering over her. His blank eyes making her heart clench.

He closed the window, slid the bolt into place, and closed the shutters as if he lived there. He took off his jacket and draped it over his arm, a corner of his lips quirking up. "So where have you been?"

"Around," the dark-haired girl said vaguely, lowering the gun and flicking the safety back on. "But that's none of your business, Park. Why are you here?"

She scoured through her closet and tossed him a dry oversized shirt to change into habitually, not realising what she was doing until the entire procedure was over.

Chanyeol smiled at the action, almost laughing aloud at the comical doomed expression that fleeted past her face. "Thanks."

She nodded curtly and turned about as he pulled off his shirt to put on the dry one.

"Daniel and San were dead worried about you," he told her. "Came knocking on my door a while ago."

"Oh," she said stiffly, her back still turned. "I'm sorry they woke you up at this time."

"It's fine, and you can turn around now, I'm done," Chanyeol played with the hem of the dry shirt, brows furrowing at how well it fitted him. "Is this mine, by the way?"

Her expression turned awkward, "Err, no?"

"You're shitty liar, Seulgs." The corners of his lips quirked up again. "I promise won't tell them you were out with Dong Sicheng tonight, but can i request one thing in return?"

She folded her arms, "No." A flicker of rage simmered in her eyes. "How am I supposed to know if you'd keep your word, Park? My past experiences with you and your promises were always negative. I don't trust you. At all."