The Dark Legend

Sorry guys but I have to write the first chapter in the third person so the spooky factor is noticeable. Enjoy!

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Beware of the man who lives on Bates Lane."

That sentence had been repeated in the small town of Riverdale for decades to come warning the folk of the old abandoned mansion that sat in the darkest part of town.

Although the mansion was residing in a rich neighborhood, the mansion's look didn't fit the style but was owned by The States family and couldn't be torn down by the city. The family owned that land. They owned Bates street and any home on the road didn't dare stay up.

But why is Bates Lane so scary you may ask?

The Styles family was a very happy family. Two daughters and a son who lived with their happily wedded parents back in the late 90's. They lived in harmony with the rest of the family until one tragic afternoon the Styles' daughter had disappeared.

The town searched high and low for her but she was never seen again. By the time the other kids were teens their parents had written them a note, left them enough cash and tied rocks to their feet and taking a swim in the nearby lake behind the house leaving their teens to raise themselves.

Some say to this day if you get close enough to the mansion you could see the bench swing on the porch swing as if they Styles were sitting on it.

The girl who grew up in the home had grown up to become and doctor moving out of Riverdale to get away from her family's cursed ways. But the son on the other hand resides to this very day.

Harry Styles.

Riverdale high very own history teacher.

Yes he was the very man everyone was so scared of mainly because they couldn't believe how he managed to live in a haunted house that he'd lost most of his family in. Why was he still there? And why has he refused to tear the home down?

He was a very quiet and timid man. He had survived this far from the town pushing him outside of society and making him an outcast.

He still showed up to school everyday in his classic 1980's convertible Cadillac with a book in his hand, hair tucked behind his ears with his glasses perched on his nose.

He hid his tattoos that littered his skin well as he didn't want to give the town another reason to frightened by him, he also gave his students one of the easiest classes to pass. Harry didn't want to be a problem. If anything he wanted to be invisible.

He would've quit his job and lived in the mansion by himself until he'd rot and die if it weren't for the blonde Irishman who sat in the back of his classroom with his loud boisterous friends whom were always doing disastrous things.

Such as last week spit balling paper at the ceiling letting them fall on students heads, or the time they glued his office materials to his desk.

That one hurt his pockets.

But for some reason his mind was on his senior Niall Horan. He couldn't get rid of the thought of him. Although his behavior was terrible he truly had the best work he'd ever seen. Easily top kid in his class. He sported the brightest smile, most contagious laugh and bluest eyes ever. Harry would often catch himself from looking over his book to watch the lad balance a pencil on his nose.

Today especially distracted him.

Niall wore those skinny jeans he desperately loved so much. The way it shown his curves off and his school tee draped over his torso partially covering his bum, the rolled up sleeves exposing his pale shoulders and the messy blonde hair got to him every time.

He sat at his desk deep into another novel not being able to tear his eyes away from him. He hid it very well as usual knowing it's make Niall uncomfortable to see his teacher stare at him in that way.

The way he would take Niall flooded his mind everyday. How he would do it and when he could? He thought of the consequences and knew that someday they wouldn't stop him from wanting a piece of Niall.

He needed the perfect plan to get Niall all to himself and he would start his planning now for he had made a decision that now was the time. He would finally take what was his.

And it's not like Harry wanted to hurt Niall, he just knew he'd never willingly be friends with him. Knowing he was a Styles and that he had lived on Bates lane.

He just wanted to finally be in Nialls prescience and soak up all the sunshine the other boy had to offer. He didn't want to hurt Niall but he'd have to find a way to peacefully get Niall in a car with him.

He wanted Nialls love but not in the Stockholm syndrome kind of way. He wanted Niall to fall for him and who he actually was.

A man who loved his literature, who knew how to play and write music, a man who has four nipples and a woman who could take a really good photo. Harry was full of delightful surprises that know one really knew and no one would ever know dude to him being the man on Bates lane.

"He is bad luck, bad things will happen to you if you ever go near his house."

An urban legend spread by college students had erupted through the town after a student had lied about catching a flu from the area Harry lived in. After that the man continued to suffer from bad things that were apparently a Bates curse that Harry gave him allegedly.

Not only did this hurt Harry's feelings but it had also pushed him further into a corner.

He thought to himself "Niall would be mine."

Keep reading on to read about the man on Bates Lane.