Chapter nineteen

All that I have planned for the book I don't think I'd be able to fit it in 25 chapters unless I wrote a sequel.

And I'm not good at sequels because I get really into it and then stop writing it. If you've read Date Night then you know.

.

.

.

I woke up the next morning with Harry laying under me snoring with his hair in his face and his arm wrapped around mine as if he was hugging it.

I peered down at him before I sort of smiled. He looked trashed due to the midnight meltdown but he liked at peace finally.

I looked over to see my hand was out of cuffs and laying behind my head. I then looked back to Harry and sat up slowly trying not to love so suddenly.

"Don't make me regret taking them off." He says with his eyes still closed letting me know he's been awake.

He lets go of my arm and sits up yawning. He wipes his eyes and then turns to look at me. He looked like regular Harry. Not some deranged man wanting to hold me captive. At this point I didn't know whether to run or to hug him.

"If you're going to run I won't stop you." He says and then turns to to look out the window at the crashing waves and then look down. "I never wanted to hold you captive."

God he looked so broken.

I sink back into the bed looking at Harry. Usually when this happened I'd crawl over to him and comfort him but I didn't know if I could trust him.

"I'm gonna go get dressed." He says and I watch him get up, grab a bag and leave me in the room alone. I looked out to the ocean near our cabin and huffed.

I'm so confused. One moment I'm hurting for Harry and wanting to comfort, hold and protect him but then again, I'm terrified that I'm not getting the entire truth.

I mean yes. Harry has proven over these two weeks that he isn't a cold blooded killer and that he does suffer severe trauma from his family. Not once did I consider that he actually is the only one left on Bates Lane.

Let me paint you a picture. Would you be completely sane after your sister went missing and was never found at a young age, both parents committing suicide in your backyard and your other sister left you to live in South America?

Yeah I would be somewhere in a straight jacket.

But it doesn't excuse him obsessing over me. All those times in class I thought were innocent could've been when he was planning his attack. Trauma can make you do fucked up things.

But trauma also can weaken you severely.

Harry is a good person at heart. I know he's not capable of hurting me.

Wait he knocked me out? So he is cap-

But wait he also bandaged my wounds and made sure I was comfy in bed.