Chapter Five

How's everyone's quarantine going?

.

.

We had finally pulled into the long driveway that approached a metal gate with a lock pad. Harry steps out the car and goes to put the password in when the gate opened. He rushes back to the car and then drives us down another long street that was technically his driveway but it took five minutes to get to.

"God we have to go on a field trip just to get to the house." I grumbled making Harry roll his eyes.

Yes, tensions were high and we both were heavily irritated from the long night we had with no sleep. We still reached the home that looked like one out of a movie. It was a beautiful lake house that overlooked yet another lake and then miles and miles of vineyards, farms and cattle.

"Holy fu-"

"Get out." Harry says parking the car and taking the keys out to walk up the steps to unlock the door. I get out the car and head for the back of the car to start unloading things.

He comes back to help me take it in the house and even then I was so in awe by the living room alone. From the front door there was steps into the living spaces and you could see out the windows a pool, to the left the kitchen and to the right to flatscreen that took up the entire wall.

"Wow." I say turning back to Harry to see him rubbing his neck before lowly smiling.

"Yeah. Too bad it sat here for years." He says and drops a bag from his shoulder to the ground and walking back outside.

When I think about the legend of Bates Lane I wonder did his parents even understand what damage they would cause their children.

How could your parents lose one kid and then become so devastated they leave the other two?

After we finished unloading and unpacking I met Harry back in the living area where he was at the bar making him a glass of water.

"Here." He says and shows me two glasses of water. I walk over to him and see him pull out two pills and gives one to me.

"Take this." He says throwing back the pill and swallowing.

"If you don't mind me asking, what am I taking?" I ask holding the spotted pill in my hand. He looks to me.

"It's a sleep aid pill. Melatonin. It's a vitamin so it's not prescribed. It'll help you get some sleep because we look restless." He explains and I practically drown myself taking the pill knowing that I was really tired.

"Should we pick a room?" He says and I nod. Harry picks up a lock and we travel down the long corridors to find a room suitable. He points me to a room at the end of the hall.

"It's cool and dark in here. Plus only one window." He says and we both file into the room. We close the door behind us as I climb into the bed I watch as Harry unlocks the door and climbs into the kind size bed on the opposite end towards the bottom of the bed.

Moments of silence had gone by as we lay in bed before I spoke up.

"Good night Harry." I say and I felt Harry twitch reacting to me calling him by his first name.

"Goodnight Niall."

.

.

I woke up in the cold room feeling a lot better. I felt like I was very well rested and wanted to finally take a bath or something. I look over to the bathroom and see it open and the shower running.