Chapter six

The town was anything but quiet that day. Maura has dragged the boys and her family to the local police station not long after she heard the news to report her boy missing as she tried her hardest to be strong. Both Zayn and Louis felt extremely bad and would do anything they could to help Ms. Maura.

She approaches the desk and ring the bell viciously waiting for an officer to come and assist her. They all were thinking why weren't they watching for Niall, where could he possibly be and could he be hurt?

"Yes miss, how can I help you ?" A young officer says walking behind the desk with a look of concern as to why Mrs. Horan was being loud.

"My boy Niall Horan, he's got blue eyes and brunette hair, he went to a party last night and hasn't made it home yet and I'd like to file a missing persons report." She tells him partially yelling but everyone else knew she couldn't help it. The short woman was filled with anger and fear.

The officer sighs and tells Maura to hold tight as he goes to another officer gesturing towards us who then followed him back to the desk. The new modern dressed officer joined him asking us what the problem was.

"My boy is missing and I need to file a missing persons report and see if I can get your help in finding him." She says and the officer nods looking back to a woman who sat in a seat with a red face full of tears and then back at us.

"You said you're son went to a party?" He asks and Ms. Maura nods confirming it. The officer then decided to escort them to another room asking to speak with Mrs. Maura privately.

Louis and Zayn sat next to each other nearby the distraught woman as she cries. The detective was trying to comfort her as best as possible.

"Well try to find your son as soon as possible ma'am." The officer tells the woman making her calm down. Which made Louis look to them.

That woman couldn't find her son either. Which made Louis wonder if the two incidents were related some how.

Without a lot of time going by the officer asked the boys to come in the same room Mrs. Horan sat in to answer some questions. They complied and sat in the tiny, cold took next to chairs seated next to their friends mother.

The detective sat on the opposite side in a chair going over some papers. He takes a deep breath and looks up to them all.

"My understanding you went to a party last night?" The boys agreed.

"When was the last time you seen Niall?" He asks the boys and Louis spoke up first.

"I was on the dance floor when I seen him walking with Kris out the door. He gave the signal that he was leaving and I assumed he was leaving with Kris." Louis says and the officer writes his words down before turning to Zayn .

"I actually can't remember officer I was intoxicated. But I remember before we departed during the party Niall gave me his keys so I could drive home but I ended up not driving." Zayn admits and the officer records that. He clicks his pen and biting his lip staring at the papers before he sits back in his chair.

"So we also have another kid missing, we have two boys in here that also say they seen Niall that night as well in a street fight." He says making Maura gasp and the boys look at each other confused

Niall wasn't a fighter, he held his own but he wasn't a street fighter.

"They came in this morning to report the fight and said it ended in gunshots and ma'am don't get upset-" the man says as Maura starts to cry.

"I'm sorry. I just hope my baby is okay." She cries out and the officer consoles her.

"Yes. But also the fight took place at the Styles mansion courtyard. It was a riot ma'am." He says and Mrs Maura continues to cry as Zayn held her hand fighting back tears himself.