Epilogue

I wanted to thank everyone for reading this book. I loved making it and keeping everyone on the edge of their seats the entire time. It's my first time really writing a suspense or thriller. Especially in different POV.

I am most proud of Bates Lane.

.

.

.

It had been three years since that day we found out we were now millionaires and a lot has changed since then.

I stood trial and was found not guilty due to Harry one, not being alive and two, I had a really good lawyer. I guess the jury believed I was innocent even after my confession. They still pointed their fingers at Harry and believed he was the bad guy but I couldn't bring myself to even argue anymore.

That town was toxic and terrible to live in. Especially since losing Harry was so hard for me.

My mother decided we'd move into the Napa Valley home and build a home on the property for my friend's families as well. It did take a while for Louis' family but we eventually got everything settled.

I connected with Liam, Harry's friend and hired him to run the company and keep up with the stocks due to me not knowing what any of it meant. But I'd soon learn after I finished college and could run it on my own.

Before we left Riverdale I remember I sat in the backyard of the styles mansion where it all started. I looked at the rotten boat that once carried us across the lake to dump Ammiels body. I smiled fondly remembering how loose and free I was around Harry who thought I was crazy for not freaking out.

I took the metal engraved jar and leaned over the dock and scooped water into it. I sat up again and sealed it shut. I turned it around the see the engraved letters. 

Mr. and Mrs. styles.

I let my feet hang off the dock skimming the water when I sat the container next to the gold one. The engraved letters wrote out:

Harry Styles

I remembered the day in the car when Harry told me he loved coming to the lake to talk with his parents even though they selfishly left him. I didn't want to keep them separate. I knew he needed them still.

Which is why I went to get lake water.

Both containers sit in my room in the far back where Harry and I slept the first night we ran away. It sits on a shelf across from the window I built in. The sun shines bright on them letting me know somehow Harry was still with me.

I sit now in my bedroom in my pajamas. I wore Harry's shirt to bed and silk pajama pants. It was maybe six AM and I stared out the window into the fields watching the sun come up.

A sophomore in college.

A son, a brother, a friend.

A soon to be CEO.

My life was so amazing and I had to thank one man for it.

I got up from my bed and walk to the shelf to the gold container. My hands grabbed it and carried it across the room to sit in the window sill to watch the sun rise with me.

Small tears roll down my face as I rubbed over the engraved letters of Harry's name.

"I'm doing so good. I'm starting my sophomore year this year and Liam is running the company. We both really miss you." I began. "My family and friends are really grateful for you. We're all going to make the best of it. We couldn't let your fortune go to waste." I say as the sun rises.

"I remember that day I found out you had some secret shrine of me." I giggled to myself wiping a stray tear. "You don't know this but I heard you talking to Liam. I know how good of a guy you were. I know what you went through and I've believed in you since the beginning. I saw how much you wanted to change and I saw how much you wanted everyone to see that. It broke my heart that they didn't." I say and I smile.

"You never got that chance. But I promise I'll show everyone. I'll show the world if I have to." I say before I look down at the container and bend down to kiss the it. I let the warmth of the sun coat my skin as the room seemed just a bit brighter.

That's when I heard him.

"You promise?"

*

The end!!!!

I know know I gave you this cliffhanger.

I just wanted to hear what you guys think happened.

Thank you for reading and I love you all for supporting it even if it's not much. It really does brighten my day.

Love and kisses;)