Chapter ten

"Okay, first we need to check into my penthouse and then need to make a quick stop by the store to by essentials. I haven't been here in years." Harry says when we got off the plane and into a rental car after we unloaded our things and awkwardly said good bye to the pilot.

He was so sweet, old and oblivious.

"You have a penthouse? In the UK?" I ask him as he nod looking over to and then back to the road.

"How was it growing up?" I ask completely out of the blue. Well not really. Harry seemed like he had life made as a kid until things went wrong of course. Just wanted to see where things kind of killed his hope.

"Well from what I remember as a baby, it was a lot of traveling. My parents were into tropical, beach-y places so we visited places like bora bora, Hawaii, Greece  and Fiji. We have vacation homes in Iceland, Australia and Hawaii of course. We pretty much live all over. My parents had enough income to last generations." He explained with his eyes fixated on the road.

"What did they do?"  Was my next question because I've always wondered. Never in the story of Bates lane did anyone explain why the Styles were filthy rich.

"I have no idea. I was too young to care and they left before I cared." He says lowly and I realized it was a tough subject to talk about. I turned in my seat and under my seatbelt to look over to Harry. He seemed colder than before and now more silent and rigid.

I'm pretty sure he hates talking about his family.

"Why did you stay in that house if you have homes in much more peaceful places? Like perhaps Napa valley or fucking Hawaii?" I ask trying to make the conversation lighter.

"Well When I was sixteen I lost my parents after losing my sister years prior all while living in Riverdale. Before I got the therapy I needed, I felt like if I left, I would be leaving my family behind even if they weren't there. I felt like I had to protect our home because that's where their souls were bound." He sighs and I see him start to tear up and I kind of wanted to cut in and stop the conversation but he started again.

"No one knows this but whenever I had a hard day at work or some kids came by and vandalized the house, I'd take my boat to the middle of the lake and talk to my parents. It always comforted me because they were the only ones who listened. The only ones who got me through anything that town threw my way." He says and his voice cracks. I see a single tear fall down his face and he blinks away the rest.

"So if I left. I would really feel like I didn't have them anymore." He finished and then glances at me with a faint smile and red tears eyes.

"Fuck. I'm sorry." I say and then cover my mouth realizing I cursed in a tender moment.

"No. It's fine. I'm glad I finally got that out actually." He says with a 'did I just do that?' tone letting me know he was comfortable with me knowing this and couldn't believe it.

He turns into this complex and we approach the fanciest looking hotel in the world. I could t stop staring at it as we got out at the front door which we were greeted by door men who immediately Starting unloading our stuff. Well Harry's stuff.

"We've been expecting you, Mr. Styles. Welcome back." The second man says emerging from the automatic doors wearing a suit. I turned to face him and watched as the man shook hands with Harry.

"Yes. It's nice to see you Winthorp. How's the wife?" He asks in the most bullshit posh voice I've ever heard.

"She's wonderful." The man finishes and then I catch his eye. I awkwardly smile and he looks to me as if I should greet him and that's what I did. I walked up to him and shook his hand as well.