Step 7: Put the cart before the horse.

For the next few weeks, we got a routine. 

I would preach my propaganda, and Sasuke would endure listening to me for however long the meeting was. Then he would leave and return for the next meeting. 

Dunno if I'm meant to be this kind of counselor, but ah, whatever. No one has stopped me yet. 

Sasuke wasn't that easy to break, so I didn't spend all my energy and effort on him. I met the other kids as well in the meantime!

*****

Naruto, the main character of this story, is super bubbly and cheerful. A bit dull, but sharp when you least expect it. So it's great talking with him. 

"Oh! You're that weird aunty that moved in!" Naruto exclaimed at our first meeting. 

"Yep. Have a seat." 

"What are you doing here?" He squinted at me suspiciously. "Are you a spy?" 

Ah yes, same old story. 

"I'm just here to ask you more about your plans as a future Hokage!" And also maybe to trash-talk some other people too. 

"You got it, huh? Then better believe it! I'm gonna show everyone how great I am!" 

So Naruto is Naruto and fantastic as he is. 

*****

"Hello, Sakura, come on in." 

"Thank you, Sensei." Polite as usual. 

"I'm Meela Serena, but you can call me whatever. I'm here to talk about career goals with you." 

"Career goals? We're here to become great shinobi, Sensei." 

"Right, but do you know what kind of shinobi you want to be?" 

"Um, like a kunoichi?" 

"No no, like do you want to play offense or defense?" 

"...um offense I guess."

"Great, why though?" 

"...So I can better help my teammates." 

"Let me take a step back. Which role is more important to you?" 

She thought for a moment. Then, "Well they're both really important. Offense takes care of the immediate enemies, while defense supports healing or protecting others. Offense are usually really smart and strong people too." 

"Great answer," I praised. "You don't have to make a decision now, but as we continue to have these meetings, tell me what side you're leaning on and why. It's cool to change your answer think of another role too." 

"Hai Sensei." 

*****

Unfortunately, meeting with Hinata was way more complicated. I had to get permission from the Hyuga clan before meeting with her. Probably because they also control her schedule, which is jam-packed every day. 

While all the administrative work for Hinata and her family was being processed, Sasuke finally approached me himself. In our next meeting, he spoke to me first. 

"Tell me everything," he demanded. I raised an eyebrow. 

"Uh, tell you about Itachi? The clan? Danzo? Tobi? Who? Which one?" 

Sasuke's face pinched even more in annoyance. "Itachi." 

"Right. Okay, so the Uchiha Clan was planning a coup de'tat against Konoha because REASONS and the overwhelming response to said coup de'tat was to send in Itachi to go murder everyone, except you. That's why he spared you, not because he's a serial, psychopathic killer.