Step 10: You are on your own.

Hatake wanted to meet on a mountain. 

Good for him. Bad for me. 

I got to the location and saw Hatake with his book under a tea shop umbrella. 

"I'm here for my interrogation," I announced loudly. 

Hatake looked up from his book. I stood in front of him instead of sitting down. 

"What do you want now?" I asked. 

"Tell me what else you know about Obito." 

"...He's the leader of the terrorist organization Akatsuki under the alias and persona of 'Tobi.' He survived because he got a body transplant from Zetsu after falling into the cave below."

"An S-rank organization Akatsuki."

"..."

"Zetsu." 

"..."

"Cave--" 

"I'm not playing guessing games with you. We're done here." I pointedly turned to leave. 

"I can't let someone make such a bold claim and then let them off so easily," he said carelessly, shrugging as he leaned back in his chair. "And it'll be my job to see to the end that you're telling the truth."

"Nope. Leave me out of this." 

"You started this mess. You need to take responsibility." 

"It's not my problem to check the validity of that truth or go on an expedition to confirm every single thing!" I snapped irritatedly. 

"Well, it is your problem considering that ever since you arrived, the safety of everyone is now in jeopardy," Hatake retorted threateningly. "I would question the validity of your statements considering you aren't even a citizen of Konoha." 

"Oh yeah, as if Konoha never had a dishonest citizen. Shut up." 

"You're a risk and a danger!" He said harshly. 

"You're a risk and a danger!" I mocked. "By the way, how's Rin? Oh yeah, you killed her. Who's risky and dangerous one now?"

"You are out of line!" He warned sharply. 

"Tell someone else who cares." 

As I was leaving, Asuma approached the tea shop. I overheard Asuma murmur to Hatake, "What was that, a lover's quarrel?" 

I spun around to yell, "No, that wasn't! And for the record, I am aromantic, so leave me alone!" 

And with that, I marched down the mountain, irritated. 

*****

I squinted down at him.

Sasuke ignored me. 

He had started organizing the broken toolbox and found all the tools scattered all over the yard. His hands were smudged as he sat on a crate to organize his findings.

The yard was still heavily covered in building materials, but the lumber made it into a stack. The stones in front of my door finally moved enough for me to lock the door. I could even see patches of the grass. 

"So."

"Hn."

"What are you doing in my yard?"

"Cleaning." 

I frowned at Sasuke the Short. 

"Cleaning," I repeated. 

"Hn." He returned back to lining up the tools carefully in the broken box. 

"And why are you cleaning?"

"Dirty." Sasuke pointedly held up a hammer to my face.

I rolled my eyes. Right, and I'm the stupid one.

I put my hands on my hips. "What about graduation in two days? Aren't you busy?" 

"I am." He nodded as he put down the last tool in the box. 

"Right. So go prep for--what are you doing now?" 

"Being busy." He went to the corner of the yard and crouched down. 

I gave up.