Step 28: Don't slack off.

"Oh goodie." 

"Get going, they've got a lot of dangerous traps about to go off!" ANBU Baby ordered, darting straight down the hall. 

So we booked it.

The Healthy Party of Three chased after ANBU Baby, while we, the Most Injured Three lagged behind. Sakura, Shino, and Naruto have all the mobility and skills they need to start a marathon. 

As for the rest of us? 

We lost Hinata's crutches a long time ago. So it's my job to carry Hinata, while recovering from the headache of smashing my skull. Sasuke the Cursed is doing much better, but he's got limited movement under his bandages, so I'm renaming our team is as Most Vulnerable. 

*****

ANBU Baby took us down another trip and a half before finally opening the door to what seemed to be the gate between the prison and ANBU dorms. 

Like I said, someone is not very good at designing this prison. Still, we're free so I can't really complain too much. 

The gate at least isn't just a single partition from us and the dorms. There's a desk worker there to check for ID and confirmation for those who want to cross the border between Konoha's prisoner and Danzo's prisoner. 

And because subtly is not a mastered art form, we run in with chakra ablazing and kunai a-flying. We Injured Three "run" as fast we can down to the other door, while the other team "distracts" via violence. 

"Move you stupid little--!" 

"Uh, guys? A little help here--nononnono!" 

"Eat this!" Naruto's various clones filled the space, allowing us Vulnerable Three to run to the door unstopped.

"Call for back up!" 

"The other three are getting away!" 

"We will stop them!" Shino declared. Bugs flew around the already cramped fighting space, adding to the chaos and distraction. 

"Got it!" 

"Oh, no you don't--!"

Sasuke the Cursed took that chance to flambe the person behind me and Hinata. 

"Get going!" he ordered us two. 

"Door's locked!" I yelled, yanking on the metal door handle. 

"T-the contr-tr-trol! M-maybe we c-c-can open th-the door th-that way!"

"Sensei, I've got her! Just go!" Sakura stuck with Hinata, while the boys continued the cacophony.  

"Okay!" I left the girls at the door and ran back to the desk while avoiding all kinds of life-changing elements. 

"Sensei!" 

"Grab the prisoner!" 

I frantically scanned the desk with all the bells and whistles. There are too many buttons, and not enough labels on said buttons. 

"Reinforcements have arrived!"

"Sensei, hurry up!" 

"On it, on it, on it!" 

I slammed my hands, hitting everything and anything that had a switch. All the while, glancing at the door to see if it would unlock. 

"Block the door!" 

"Requesting for back up!" 

"It's open!" 

"Go, go, go!" 

*****

Somehow, through the skin of our teeth, we tumbled straight into the doors leading to the ANBU dormitory. And then we slammed the door shut on our pursuers. 

"Come on! We gotta run!" 

So our two parties started heading off, except for the ANBU Baby. Baby crouched down and jammed a kunai under the door. Then slapped a paper tag on the door with coordinating hand gestures. 

*****

ANBU Baby rejoined us at a much calmer pace. We're...somewhere in the storage room now? 

"We can hide in here," Baby said, opening the door for us. "You guys should take a moment." 

"But what if they find us?" Sakura worried. 

"They'll take a while," Baby reassured us. "Don't worry. It's safe right now. I'll take you guys elsewhere before they find us." 

"Should we stay?" Sakura asked no one in particular. 

I glanced at Shino. "It's your call."

"Hmmm."

"Stay." Sasuke answered. Shino nodded in agreement And that was that. 

*****

"Who are you?" Excellent question, Shino.

"Why are you wearing a mask?" Excellent observation, Naruto. 

"I am a trainee of the elite forces. I wear a mask to conceal my identity." Came the straightforword reply. 

"What's up with the cloak? Are you cold or something?" 

"You can determine the reason." 

"Wha--?"

"What's your name?" Sakura asked. 

"I will not say." 

"Ugh, it's probably some really lame name," Naruto grumped. 

"What should we do now?" Sakura asked. 

"Rest." Sasuke answered. He sat down. 

"Yes, rest. I'll take you all to the next exit once you've regained strength."

So we all followed suit. 

As we sat down, I looked more closely at ANBU Baby. The adult-sized cloak on this kid was covering basically everything. There's even a tight-fitting hood over this kid's head, so there's not much chance of me figuring out their identity. 

"By the way, you were the one who threw that smoke bomb earlier, right?" Sakura asked. Baby nodded in response. 

"Yes, that is correct." 

"And thanks for doing that!" Sakura quickly amended. "But, why are you helping us?"