Chapter 58: Frustration {Mature}

Queen Axelia

I've been in Leonidas' bedroom before so when we walk through the door I am not surprised by the way the fireplace dimly illuminates the dark stone walls. There is still an ottoman behind his King-sized bed, a long couch in the center of the room flanked by two smaller, a few bookshelves, desk, and wardrobe on the far wall.

Nothing has changed but something definitely feels different-- or perhaps it is the butterflies fluttering in my abdomen that is making the atmosphere feel sultry. Either way, I'm both excited and on edge about spending the night with him now that we are free of boundaries.

"Axelia," he calls to me, and I glance up to find him leisurely waiting in the doorway to his bathroom observing me more heedful than usual.

My face warms realizing I've basically lodged myself to his floor and hold my breath as I unhurriedly join his side only for my nose to pleasantly tickle from the scent of vanilla and lavender.

Curious, I peek into the bathroom to discover he has had a large bath prepared full of steaming water and bubbles speckled with the purple petals of lavender plants.

A single lantern sits atop the marble sink adjacent to the bath making the flame's shadows flicker along the floor and the dim light further soothes my hot and bothered nerves.

Wandering up to the bath, I allow my fingertips to dip into the heavily perfumed water as I sit on the ledge of the white tub. Releasing a gentle, satisfying sigh, I then glance over my shoulder at Leonidas whose rigid posture tells me he is probably holding his breath, too.

It makes me silently giggle. I could have some fun with him like this.

"Well, are you going to help me out of my dress," I begin but pause with a thought, "or would you rather watch me--" bringing my hand from the water to my back, undoing the first button at the base of my neck, I choose not to finish my question as I meet his intense gaze continuing to the next button when he doesn't budge.

However, my confidence falters when he silently chooses to let me undress myself.

I was only teasing!

I'd rather him do it.

Bothered, I scowl as a blush heats my face and its then that he chuckles, crossing the room with a smirk.

"Trying to seduce me?" he inquires, setting a hand over my own to unfasten the last three buttons. He has to lean against me to reach them which leaves his mouth at my ear. "Don't be a tease with your game, Princess," he whispers, drawing back his hand to tilt up my chin so our eyes meet. "Take it off."

I shiver at his command but rise from my seat and follow through with letting the fabric slip from my body until it becomes a pile at my ankles, leaving me in nothing more than white lace undergarments.

"Those, too, unless you intend to bathe in them," he tauntingly adds.

The perceived challenge encourages me to maintain my bold act, so I composedly hook my fingers into the waistline of my lingerie before tugging them down my hips an inch-- just enough to make his eyes widen.

Giggling, I stop before anything can be revealed and quickly slip under the cover of bubbles. Here I remove the pieces of fabric, meeting his eyes as I let them plop beside the tub.