𝙈𝙤𝙤𝙣𝙡𝙞𝙩 𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙨𝙚.

—❀—

Nesryn strolled through the forest, the moon glazing the curvature of the wavering water of the lake

Nesryn strolled through the forest, the moon glazing the curvature of the wavering water of the lake. She looked around, sweeping her tree bark brown hair from her face, the flowers in amongst the lengthy mane not fading in colour. She began to hum the very song that kept them living, and all the nature around began to light up with fireflies burrowing out of their hiding places and illuminating her surroundings. She smiled up at the sky, the full moon shining on this night like no other.

She gazed down at the small bunny that had followed through the forest, attempting to thank her for mending its injured foot.

She unclasped the button on the back of her long skirt and allowed it to drop to the floor, leaving her in just the long off-white shirt that served as her petticoat. She undid the laces on the back of the shirt and revealed her scarred back from where her wings had been taken from her. She grimaced at the remembrance of that day, the day mankind had failed her.

She smiled a little at the bunny who scratched his pink button nose before turning away like a gentleman for her to remove the remaining cloth. Slowly, she removed the shirt, stepping out of the encircling bundle of low quality material, leaving her body totally exposed to the water. Her feet were dirty and from their bareness they had begun to hurt from the scrapes of the small thorns of the forest floor. Luckily, the cool water welcomed a soothing feeling.

Amongst the trees, unknown to her, were the watchful eyes of the two vampires who had been searching for her for the past two months. They had watched her walk through the forest to the lake and would wait for the correct moment to announce themselves to her.

But for now they would just have to enjoy the view.

Eric couldn't help but chuckle at her obliviousness as she stepped further into the water. The outline of her body moving further and further from the shore, her figure being covered from her lower back downwards. Godric quickly hit his arm to alert him to stop, and a small rustle in the trees alerted a bird who was sitting nearby watching the vampires. It flew into the air and swooped down towards the fairy, who was moving her hands in circular motions amongst the water. It flew over her head and began to still in front of her. She smiled but it squawked with fear and she shook her head in misunderstanding, before gently whispering upon realisation.

"Vampires?" She whispered and slowly turned to the shore, revealing her bare chest to the vampires who had heard her mutter the name of their race. She quickly rushed to shore and place her chemise shirt over her head and grabbing her skirt and lantern. She looked around quickly before running back through the forest, the vampires hot on her trail.

"What are we waiting for?"
Eric asked and his maker didn't say a word, but they continued to run at human speed.
"She must lead us to her hideaway." He finally said, before they came to a clearing and found no trace of the fae. They looked at each other in shock at her speediness and shrugged before they rapidly searched for any trace.

Beneath the open root of a tree sat Nesryn, her heavy breathing making up the total silence along with her heartbeat.
"We know you're there, we mean no harm, we promise." Godric said, listening to her spiking heart rate. Nesryn closed her eyes and sighed, she knew she was no match for the creatures of the night. She gently stood up and stepped into her skirt so they could evade their eyes from her soaking, bare legs.
"I promise, we mean no harm." Godric said once again as she rose from the ground, he stood behind the root of the tree and held his hand out for the fairy to clamber back up. She placed her hand on the root, golden sparks flowing from her palm before it lowered gently and she stepped on it. She took his hand and he lifted her up to the higher ground.

"Wh- who are you?" She said staring at Godric with wide eyes of terror. She hadn't encountered a vampire in a long time and to say she had avoided them wouldn't have been a lie. A sudden gust of wind announced another presence that stood just behind her, his fangs bearing wildly with a devilish look in his eyes. She turned and gasped before taking a step back, her foot connecting with another open root. She tripped and fell to the floor, neither vampire coming to her rescue.
"Eric, lägg bort dina tänder (put your fangs away.)" The taller specimen - who Nesryn assumed was Eric - retracted the protruding teeth and she swallowed the build up of saliva.

"My name is Godric and this is Eric. We've come here to protect you." The smaller man said, she admired their fine clothes before scuffling to her feet clumsily.
"Protect me from what?" She asked, backing into the tree for comfort. The calmness of the bark radiating it's energy through her veins.
"The man who took that part of you which still aches to be found." She gently placed her hand on her back, the pronounced scars never healing from the torment of the brutal surgery.

"No... NO! He died years ago." She said bitterly, now feeling more vulnerable then when she had no clothes on.
"He is a vampire Nesryn, he was never a human in all the time you knew him... and now he knows what your blood can do." She looked at him in surprise and anguish.

"He means to take you and use you so he can walk in the day once again." She shook her head, a fraction of a tear escaping her eye before she bitterly wiped it away.

Her tears were precious, they were to the ground what blood was to a vampire.

An essence of life.

"Why you?" She gently raised her eyes to the tall, looming man stood behind the more talkative of the two.

"We have no other choice."