𝙋𝙡𝙖𝙣.

—❀—

Nesryn

Nesryn.

"Windtail Castle is no mere castle, it's a fortress. It has been used many a time over the years for battle and conquest. Riding into it without a plan is suicide." Darla complained, leering over the large map of the castle. All of us had gathered in Alpha Lennox's room to try and figure out a way to end this conquest that Lincoln had set for himself. "There is but one way in that would be unsuspecting, but it's so small that I don't know how anyone could get through it-..."
"Just spit it out Darla." Vincent said and the girl swallowed deeply.
"The sewer, there's a drainage hole on the side of the castle. We need someone to get in there and open the gate, otherwise we'll have no chance.
They have the upper hand. They have the walls. They have the army."
"What are you trying to say?" Eric asked with anger.

"That-..." she looked up at me "that this is folly. I'm sorry Nesryn but we might as well give up."

I turned around, a thinking face being my only expression.
"There's something on your mind fairy. Speak it." The alpha said and Lucian immediately stood to attention.
"What if we do 'give up'? Supposedly. I give myself in and-..."
"No." Lucian said immediately.
"Absolutely not." Eric echoed. "For once I agree with the wolf Nesryn, it's too dangerous. We have no idea what he plans to do with you and you know how much stronger it made me, let alone the idea of him being able to walk in the sun. This vampire is double my age, he might even be older than Godric. We need to weaken him before we go storming in." I smiled, if he had just heard me out.

"I know Eric, if you had let me speak then maybe I could change your mind." I smirked and watched those in the room rock their minds.

"This is what I propose..."

—————————————————–

They all stood in awe as I told them my idea. No one interrupted, not even once, and once I had finished it went dead my silent.
"Since when were fairies strategists?" Vincent asked and I chuckled at his brashness.

"It's genius but... are you sure we can pull it off? It's going to take some work." Lucian said and I nodded.
"I think it's possible, even if we are unaware of the strength and age of this vampire. We will know that this will stop him from gaining full strength. I should be able to stake him in time, if all goes to plan." Godric said and I nodded before looking to the alpha.
"We are with you Nesryn, I'll send word to neighbouring packs." I nodded in thanks before turning my attention to Eric.

"You have to promise me that what you do will work." He said, stepping forward and caressing the skin on my face. "What if it's not enough?"
"There's no time for 'what ifs', this is our only chance. We're heavily outweighed in these scales, so we need to balance them at least."

"There is another problem, Lincoln's second in command, Alaric. He's a few centuries younger than Lincoln at most. He's strong and brutal and will kill anything if it opposes him, but he's always an arrogant prick. We need to find a way to distract him." Darla claimed and I smiled.
"How arrogant is he?"
"His head is so far up his own ass he can probably taste the blood he drank earlier from his stomach." I chuckled and Godric was taken aback by her metaphor. "No offence to you guys."
"None taken." Eric said, Godric just laughed and she seemed to smile at him doing so.

"I have an idea." I look up at Lucian and he seemed to have zoned out, picking his nails.

"What if, you challenge him to a duel You're the best warrior in the pack?" Lucian looked around alarmed at her proposition.
"Well I don't know about that-..."
"Little brother, you know it and I know it, no one can control their wolf like you. Not in these parts."
"But we're talking about a 1400 - 1800 year old vampire. That's a lot of time to practice combat."
"It won't be real, it's just a distraction. You draw him out with a dual and then Darla can drug him from afar with a poison dart. You finish him off and then the gates open, then all we have to deal with is mercenaries and vampires far younger. We need to draw him out."

The wolf looked to his father.
"Father?" Lennox stared at the fairy for a moment.
"I'm impressed, but what poison is strong enough to take down a vampire that strong?"
"I've lived in this forest for over 400 years, I know every mushroom and tree, every branch and flower. There is a flower named the aconitum, ironically nicknamed wolfs bane. I know where they grow. They can bring down anything, it won't kill him but it will disable his senses and paralyse him from the neck down."

Eric looked to the young wolf.
"Darla, how is your accuracy?" Eric asks and she shakes her head.
"If you want accuracy, you're gonna want Vincent to do that job. He's the best archer in Scotland." The cocky were rolled his eyes and smirked.
"I'll do it, as long as I don't die." I rolled my eyes too.
"No, you've got the safest job there is. But in case anything goes wrong with the poison then Lucian you're going to have to be prepared. Would you be willing to practice with Godric? If you get used to that level of strength from a vampire it might make it easier." The wolf hesitantly nods, his arms folded and head tilted down.
"My son, we will gather in the tree line and if anything goes wrong, help will come. An army of wolves might give him his wits to retreat but it will already be too late. Once the gates are open with Nesryn's plan and the soldiers are scattered around the courtyard he'll have no backup."

"Then, are we all in understanding of our part to play?"