𝘼 𝙁𝙖𝙞𝙧𝙮 𝙇𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩.

—❀—

Where Lincoln turned to nothing but blood and guts, with the help of Nesryn's song, Eric remained whole

She sang so loudly that she was scared that someone would hear and interrupt. She watched Eric's cold blood spill from his wounded chest while her hands were pressed against the opening. She tried to regain her breath and with the help with the little amount of Eric's blood consumed she had enough energy to.
"Brothers and sisters, now more than ever I need you. I know you left me behind but I am begging you, help me save him." With her pleas she felt nothing of any help but didn't give in.

"Nesryn, it's alright, let me go."
"Shut up you fucking idiot and let me concentrate!" She continued to sing but she didn't know if it would save him or not.
"Nesryn, it's alright because-.." he coughed blood but didn't let it phase him "my last moments were with the woman who made me feel happy and... humane."

She wouldn't give up.

"You're going to live." She said before raising her arms and casting a ball of light in her, she screamed from pain and bought the light down onto his bleeding abrasion.

"I love you Eric."

Eric looked down and realised his wound was completely healed, but the cold and dead look in Nesryn's eyes did not bring him happiness. She fell back, her body hitting the cold marble floor. Her eyes had lost all life and nothing moved. Eric came to her and gripped her in his arms before biting his wrist and giving it to her, but her mouth didn't move.

She couldn't swallow nor blink nor talk, because she was dead.

Eric saw a drop of his blood on her face, his tears were cold and staining his face and hers. He wiped her face as best he could and held her lifeless body. She was gone. He screamed out in disbelief and begged God or anyone to take him instead. He pleaded til no end but no help came, it was too late now.

—————————————————–

"She's not dead! I refuse to believe it. We go ahead with the plan." Lucian screamed in panic at all crowded in the room, alphas from neighbouring packs and his very own family.
"She can't be..." his wilting, melancholy voice made Darla come over and embrace him.
"Eric is still in there, we need to get him, if Nesryn is dead then... we do not let her die in vain." Godric said and all agreed. He saw the pain in Lucians eyes and he did feel a spike in his dead heart. In his time with the fae he had befriended her, and seeing how she made his progeny feel he did not want any harm to have come to her. He feared it would be the very thing which pushed Eric over the edge and past revival of his own sanity.

"Then we-..." Lennox began but Vincent suddenly ran towards us and motioned toward the castle.
"The animals are attacking, now is our chance!" They all grabbed anything they needed before charging towards the castle. The gates did not open for a few moments and the company of wolves worried that the plan hadn't worked but when the ropes were cut and the doors opened they all shifted and ran in. Every vampire in sight was slaughtered, Godric flying up to where he could sense Eric.

There he burst through the window and found the fae in his friends arms.
"What happened?" The stains of red around his eyes were enough to reveal the truth that all had feared.
"She sacrificed herself for me Godric... how could she do that?" He asked like a child and looked up to his maker with pain ridden over his features.

"Because she loved you."

He cried again and Godric looked away in attempt to hide his own falling tears.
"We must go-..." he couldn't finish his sentence as a burst of light broke every single window in the castle. It shine through like the sun but it was not warm like the sun, it was soothing like a blanket. From the blinding light, in walked dozens of fairies, gathering around their counterpart who lie dead on the floor.

"Nesryn was a troubled girl. She loved what we had feared and we resented her for it. We cast her out and allowed her no second chance and because of our ignorance we have bought about her death. Because we didn't offer her a second chance then...

we shall offer it now."

Every single fairy in the room began to sing the song of the flora and raised their arms with balls of lights. They released them and all lights glided towards Nesryn's dead body. Eric didn't know what to do, but he held the fae with tightness. The light had blinded him and Godric and both shut their eyes before it faded. All the fairies in the room had disappeared but it was the breathing of Nesryn that had caught the vampires attention.

"Eric?" She questioned and he laughed while stroking her face, her eyes were wide and her smile was even wider. He crashed his lips against hers like the crash of waves to a cliff. They smiled while placing their foreheads and noses against each other. Godric smiled but was drawn to attention when a scream of pain sounded out from the ground.

"Lucian."