𝙀𝙡𝙚𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙎𝙪𝙧𝙥𝙧𝙞𝙨𝙚.

—❀—

Nesryn

Nesryn

I was drowning.

Suffocating amongst the unbreathable nature of water.

But before I knew it, I had been hurled out of the water and placed on the grass. The sun was in my eyes and I couldn't make out my savour. They moved their head slightly and the sun backed behind their head and suddenly their features came into focus. It was Eric.
"Will you ever stop being in my dreams? Will I ever not see your face as soon as I lose consciousness?" I muttered, in tire of this game.
"Oh Nesryn..." he stroked my face lovingly and I melted at the touch. He leant down and whispered directly in my ear. "Don't act like you want me to get out of your head, out of your system. Not that I wasn't in it before I gave you my blood." I gasped as I felt his hand move further up from between my legs, scrunching my reappearing white dress to my waist. He crawled between my legs and rested upon the apex of my thighs.

"I. Want. You." He said before lowering himself down and pressing an urgent kiss to my lips. His hands moved beneath my dress, unbuckling his belt. I tilted my head back and when I looked up, it was not Eric inside of me.

It was Lincoln.

"Hello darlin'." He said before chuckling and before I knew it, I was screaming. Yet only I could hear it. No creature nor tree could hear me.

But Lincoln could and
he relished in it.

"Nesryn!"

I awoke with a roaring scream and my hand flew to my throat, immediately feeling it was red raw. It was then I had realised that the scream I had awoken to was my own. Eric was leering over me, stroking my face in concern. I pushed him away and ran toward Lucian in the corner of the room and into his arms I fell.
"What happened?" He asked in Gaelic, his voice was calm and not laced with worry but curiosity.
"Lincoln raped me." I muttered in a small voice, "he was Eric at first... I assumed it was the effect of his blood. But I looked up and it was him." Lucian looked toward the two vampires with an element of spite.

"He is close." I muttered and both vampires looked up at my mention of the simple pronoun. "He has my wings Lucian, I know it. I can feel them close, almost close enough for me to pretend they are still attached to my back." I smiled with sorrow before falling to the ground. Eric came to my side and I could tell Godric noticed the urgency his progeny had to catch me before I hit the floor.
"Nesryn... would it be possible for you to take us there? If you can sense your wings, surely the pull will be stronger the closer you get? What if we use the element of surprise to our advantage?" I shook my head.
"It's too dangerous... they have an army of vampires. None younger then 200 years old. It's a death sentence." Lucian suddenly spoke up and, as were the vampires, I was curious as to where he had collected such information.

"And how would you know such a thing?" Godric said, broadening his shoulders and walking toward the unfazed werewolf.
"My father, I asked him of what had become of Windtail castle, he said it had become a haven for vampires. Some sort of Duke was using it to trying to find something but no one knew what they were looking for. There were human soldiers there too, mercenaries... much like the man currently strapped to the table downstairs. From descriptions, I suspect it to be him." I recognised the name of the castle, and within seconds I was transported into a vision.

There he sat on the throne.

Everything was silent yet their mouths were moving and it was like it had I had been deafened. I walked around the kneeling vampires that all seemed to be pledging themselves to him. They all suddenly cut their palms and dropped their blood into a goblet. Once every single soldier had done so, Lincoln took the goblet and drank it all.

"We are one."

My body convulsed and I threw up onto the wooden floor, all the beings in the room repulsed by the vomit.

"Did you just have a vision?"

Lucian said, grabbing my shoulders. I felt the sweat drip down my back from neck, my hair clinging to my neck. My eyes were weary once again and the strain of standing had taken its toll. My legs fell from beneath me and Eric took me in his arms, laying me back into my bed.

"I-... it's impossible. They took that gift from me..." Lucian was in complete amazement, Godric was filled with confusion and Eric was more concerned than I had ever seen him." He is recruiting vampires and humans and drinking their blood of a mix altogether in one goblet." Eric's face fell and he slowly turned back to Godric. It seemed they knew what this ceremony was for.
"What is it?" Godric replied with hesitance.
"It's an ancient ceremony, a practice that allows the drinker of the blood to control all the vampires that sum it their blood to him. It's an oath.
A ritual of sorts that creates a link between all the vampires."

"Oh God..." Lucien said, looking at the door that led to the stairs.
"They maybe tracing us right now. We need to get out of here... now." The werewolf growled, taking Nesryn into his arms, but quickly stopped when Eric growled lowly at him.
"Put her down... now." He imitated the demand but Lucian did not obey.
The wolf turned, ready to leave but Eric does to stand in front of the exit.
"And here I were thinking we were just starting to get along." Eric chuckled before turning serious.
"If you don't take your hands off of her, I will rip them off." Lucian did not bow down but Godric was quick to make peace.

"We all need to think about this. Eric, stand down." He said and Eric did so hesitantly but it was obvious how much he trusted his maker. "Lucian... where do you propose we go? We have nowhere to go. She's already weak, we can't start travelling all over the place."

"Then we go and visit
my father."