𝙄𝙩 '𝙨 𝙏𝙞𝙢𝙚.

—❀—

Nesryn

Nesryn.

Eric and I had grown distant in our preparation for the impending attack but within that we knew we both needed some space. If everything didn't go to plan then there could be complications that resulted in the loss of life. The alpha, along with all the warriors understood the cause, if vampires with the morals of Lincoln have the chance to roam in the daylight, then it would be hell on Earth. It could cause an entire overthrowing of the human race, who may be selfish, cruel and at times useless, but they ran things somewhat peacefully. There were many things wrong with the way humans ran it, but if vampires took their place, it could be a million times worse.

Lucian and Godric had been training non stop and with small amount of my blood they were able to train through the day too. Godric stepping into the sun for the first time was a moment none of us could've even imagined. I had wondered what had been running through his mind when for the first time in almost 2,000 years he met the sun without frazzling like meat over a spit. He was extremely grateful for the opportunity but I hardly allowed such humbleness. He deserved it.

"It's time Nesryn." Vincent said, stepping to me as I watched Lucian take down Godric once again. He was even stronger then I had imagined.
"I hope it works, god what if it doesn't?" He shushed me and rubbed my arm.
"It's gonna work, I have faith in you."
"Are your arrows ready?" He nodded and I turned to find Eric knelt against the wall of the weapon store.

"I just need to do this." I ran to him quickly and he lifted me from the floor, my knees encircling him and pulling him into an embrace.
"I'm going to be alright Eric, the spell is in place." Eric nodded.
"Are you sure he won't just bite you there and then?" I shook my head.
"Lincoln likes dramatics, he'll savour the moment. Sit me down for dinner and put me in a pretty dress and then get down to it. He'll want us to be alone." That seemed to make Eric more on edge.
"It's got to work Eric... because I don't know what we'll do if it doesn't. But, you have to trust me. Trust us."
"I do." He said before turning me to have my back against the wall.
"Is this your blood, or is this real?" I asked as he kissed my neck so tenderly I felt my legs shake in his arms.

"You want me, don't you? Maybe the blood just gave you the courage to admit it to yourself." I punched his chest at his narcissistic notion.
"Very much so." I stroked his face and smiled. "Be ready. I'll see you after and... I hope to have wings."

"You are already an angel in my eyes."

—————————————————–

I rode towards the castle upon a white steed, the animals all in on the plan and hiding in the tree line, ready to initiate the plan. When I had informed the forests free folk they pleaded with me to not go, but I had no choice.

I halted the white stallion at the entrance and watched as the soldiers all stared at each other in confusion.
"Open the gate." A tall and broad mercenary said as the gate opened. I studied it's structure before riding in. The sun was setting by this time, which meant that I was just on time.
"I demand to see Lincoln O' Dare... I am the fae he wants and I have come to give myself to stop any chances of war! Please take me to him!" They were all taken aback by my proclamation but hesitantly took my horse and led me to the dining hall. They sat me in the chair at opposite ends from where the throne sat.

When the doors opened and he rushed in with a disoriented look on his face, I almost threw up. Seeing his face made the put in my stomach grow tenfold.
"They did not lie." I stood from my chair and backed away behind it as that devious smirk appeared on his face. I inhaled and held a strong front but inside I was begging to breathe the fresh air of the forest away from the man who destroyed my life.
"I have come to stop any impending idea of war. I know you knew I was with the wolves all this time-..."

"Nesryn, you wound me..." he said, in a sarcastically aching voice.
"Excuse me?" The nature of the irony of the phrase was angering me.
"You speak to me as if I were a stranger." His Irish accent was what had made him stand out from any human I had met before. Now I have come to realise that all charms he had were shallow and drafted from manipulation and deceit.

"You are a stranger."

He suddenly shifted forward at incredible speed and grabbed my arms with seriousness before breaking out into a smile again. He ran his hands down my arms to my waist and I didn't make a move. But as soon as his hands grazed the scars from where my wings had been and flashed him with my light that I hadn't summoned for in years. But no nature magic could be a match for a vampire this strong.

"Wow... I haven't felt pain since to 1400's, it kind of tickles if I'm honest." I attempted to calm my erratic breathing and maintain a steady mind but it was becoming difficult. "Now, I have so much planned. The festivities are going to be overwhelming... now, I will escort you to your chambers and there on your bed is a dress. In one hour, you will be sat in that chair with that dress on. Understood?" I didn't do anything as I thought about it before nodding and following him to my room.

"You're going to love it. I filled it with all your favourite things." He smiled and giggled like a child before leading me to a set of double doors.

"Et voila." He said and my eyes widened at the sight before me. If it wasn't for the situation, I would be marvelling at the beauty of the room. It's entire spread was filled with flowers of all kinds, but the situation involved a slight problem.

Because there amongst the flowers... lie Eric.