𝘿𝙚𝙖𝙙 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙂𝙤𝙣𝙚.

—❀—

"Godric? Could you see if you could go and find what out what's happened?" Nesryn was in the alcove of Eric's body protectively, her forearms resting on his chest and their faces pressed against one another

"Godric? Could you see if you could go and find what out what's happened?" Nesryn was in the alcove of Eric's body protectively, her forearms resting on his chest and their faces pressed against one another. She turned around to the room where she knew that part of herself had been but did not belong.

"I have something to do."

She tore herself away from Eric's arms and he immediately followed her, clearing the path between her and the wings. Any vampires that came toward her were dead within seconds. "Break it, get them out." She said coldly and Eric pushed it to the floor, the glass breaking and the wings flying out, impervious to the glass. Nesryn stopped back a little, her feet were bare and she couldn't be dealing with cut feet while she was about to fly for the first time in centuries. She gently turned herself around and looked at Eric before shutting her eyes and feeling the reconnection between her and her wings. The light formed from their reconnection filled the room and when it finally dimmed, Eric had truly seen an angel.

She smiled as the wings related to the floor, her short stature really did make them drag along the floor.
"They're beautiful... you're beautiful-..." the moment was quickly ruined by Darla rushing in, her face said it all.

"Who?"

—————————————————–

Nesryn and Eric rushed out with Darla at her side, though she was extremely out of it and almost hysterical. Nesryn slowed and dropped her wings to fit through the archway before stepping into the courtyard. She saw the forest animals all stood by a body, the body she had prayed was not who she thought it was. But whoever it was, shouldn't have died on this day.

"Oh my God..." she fell to her knees at the sight of alpha Lennox with a large, silver blade through his chest.
"Alpha..." he gently smiled and traced her face with his finger.
"The fairy lives... I didn't doubt it-..." he began to cough dryly and blood splayed from his mouth. Nesryn stroked his forehead before taking his hand. "My children, it's alright... I can be with my Evangeline now."

He said before coughing more and finally quieting, the Amber in his eyes dissipating to a warm brown. Nesryn leant over him, tears in her eyes. She heard Darla wailing behind her and Vincent swearing from anger but it was Lucian she was most concerned for. He held his father's hand in silence before closing his eyes and looking up to Nesryn, the orange of his father's eyes now appearing in his own. All the animals and were alike dipped their heads from respect and the fairy did so in return.

She carefully touched Lucian's face and tilted his head up, wiping away the tear from his left eye and pulling him into a home crushing hug, her wings surrounding them both protectively.
"He's at peace now my friend." And he nodded but didn't speak a word. They all moved away from the body but Nesryn gently waved her hand over him, she felt the calmness radiate from him and began to plant flowers over him. Growing a bouquet in her hand and placing it in the hands of the alpha as he rested.

"Lucian I-..."
"You do not have to apologise... he ran in front of me to save me. If I had just-..." Nesryn immediately interrupted him.
"No, you cannot think like that." The young alpha looked to his siblings, he noticed Darla in the arms of Godric. They had become close friends over their time together and Vincent had taken it badly, his temper overpowering any upset. He threw his weapons to the ground and crouched before finally breaking into tears.

"I'm glad to see you are alright." Lucian said, holding her hand like an innocent child. "And with your wings." He smiled lightly but she knew it was a front.
"You will get through this Lucian,
I swear it, and whenever you need me: I'll be there." She smiled and pulled him into another hug. Nesryn caught sight of Eric's sad expression, he felt her sadness and empathy for the young were who now had all this responsibility on his shoulders, as well as being an orphan.
"Your father and your mother would be so proud of you, all three of you."
She looked around at them and they all nodded, trying to maintain composure through the heartbreak.

"Nesryn." Eric said and motioned towards the sky, she looked at the two vampires before stepping toward them and holding out her wrists. They quickly plunged their fangs into her veins, now would not be a good time to burn.
"Is he dead?" Lucian asked wearily but with hidden anger in his tone.
"Yes, Eric killed him, and then he tried to kill Eric. And then I traded my life for Eric's and then the wood fairy's bought me back-..." Lucian seemed confused by her explanation but he decided not to dwell on it.

Lincoln was dead and his friends were alive.

"How many dead?" She asks a nearby wolf who she had learnt to be Felicity.
"4 wolves, including alpha Lennox." The fairy nodded before pulling her wrists away from Eric and Godric, she told them to bite their tongues and lick the bites and they did so.
"We need to get out of here, the sun will take care of the bodies." Vincent said, standing to his feet and not showing his broken heart.
"I agree, we need to bury our dead." Darla said and I nodded.

We all prepared to leave the place where hell on Earth had erupted.