𝙏𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙁𝙡𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩.

—❀—

It had been two days since the hell of Windtail Castle and lest to say no one had recovered

It had been two days since the hell of Windtail Castle and lest to say no one had recovered. But today was the day Godric and Eric were to leave... and they weren't leaving alone.

Nesryn was to join them.

Speaking of the wood fairy, she had grown stronger with the return of her beloved wings. Every morning she would fly into the sky and feel the sun rise on her face and with the help of her blood, her vampires friends did too. She was livid when she found out they could fly and they hadn't even told her.

The day on which Nesryn had died and come back had given her a new look on life and how it needed to be treasured and explored. She woke up and the feeling of the wings on her back gave her the release she had needed to be free and explore. She would fly through the clouds for hours and when she saw Eric flying after her, she nearly fell from the sky.
But upon learning that not all vampires could fly, she felt a little more at ease with her strengths.

The wolves had collected themselves to bid goodbye, Lucian, the new alpha being front and centre and his betas: Vincent and Darla stood on either side. Nesryn could see the dolefulness in his expression and she knew that her leaving would hurt them both, but Nesryn needed to free herself from the confines of the beautiful forest that she had resided in for what felt like an eternity.

She needed to be free.

He knew it, but that didn't make him resent it any less.

Nesryn, Eric and Godric all stood side by side. The fairy, slightly further forward in the centre, looking upon her oldest friend and companion. The man who had loved her undyingly and would do anything for her.
But now she had to say goodbye.
She looked at Eric who had nodded to Lucian in gratitude and Godric simply smiled dismally at his leaving of Darla, who he had made good friends with.
"Don't do anything stupid." She muttered to Eric before walking forward and taking Lucians face in her hands and pressing a chaste kiss to his lips. Eric almost stepped forward but Godric grabbed his arm.

"For everything you've done for me I cannot thank you enough, but I can give you something." She took out a small pebble, that was far from ordinary. "May it protect you and your pack." It was a token that she had blessed with her light that would hopefully keep him out of danger.

A very lucky charm.

The kiss, well Lucian knew it's intent, for even in his love for her he just wanted her to be happy. She loved Eric and for that he couldn't be more happy for her. The kiss was innocent and a simple goodbye between friends and Eric soon came to realise that when she walked back to him and grabbed him for a hug. She looked at Godric and noticed his hesitance before opening her arms and welcoming him into them.

She looked back at the wolves and smiled before turning to her new companions.

"Shall we gentlemen?"