𝘽𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙙 𝙍𝙚𝙙.

—❀—

"What in Gods name did you think I would say?" She asked Lucian as he bought in the supposed answer to the feeding question

"What in Gods name did you think I would say?" She asked Lucian as he bought in the supposed answer to the feeding question. "Absolutely not!"
She said looking down at the map of the prison of Midhope Castle.
"They may have committed crimes but they are serving their punishment, they don't deserve further punishment that's very obviously: sadistic." Lucian sighed and looked around in annoyance.
"Well, listen, what would you rather? Innocent people or criminals?"
"How about neither?! How about a willing participant, hmm?" Lucian's eyes widened at her proposition.

"No, you are not going to do that. You've already said what your blood does... it's too risky."
"Actually... what if it's genius?" She said, a shock of epiphany hitting her like lightning. "If I give you my blood, then you will be able to daywalk... which means you'll be able to protect me throughout the day too. It's perfect!" Both vampires looked hesitant.

"Don't you want to-... don't you want to bite me?" She said and Eric sighed.
"Trust me, since I first smelt your blood that's all I've been wanting to do, but it's more if I'd be able to stop." Eric said, looking to Godric, who nodded in confirmation.
"Eric is right, even at our age we cannot be trusted to stop ourselves. It's far too perilous."
"Just do it..." she muttered, looking to Eric who was confused by her pleas.
"Why do you want to be fed from so desperately?" She looked away.

"I... don't know."

"Yes you do." The Viking vampire stepped forward and tried to meet her gaze. His usually advantageous height seemed unfavourable now, as it was difficult to capture her attention to meet eyes. "Tell the truth."

"If he gets me... then I do not want him to be the first-... the first to taste me." She said, fiddling with the self made ring on her finger.
"No one is gonna get you Nesryn. Okay?" Lucian assured her but she shook her head.
"He will... and he won't stop. I don't want to give him the pleasure to be the first vampire in history to walk in the sun." She said bitterly.
"Eric... feed on her." The Viking looked to Godric in shock "I will pull you away if need be."
"But Godric... you have waited 1800 years for this... I couldn't take that from you." His maker smiled, patting Eric on the shoulder.
"I will get my chance." He pushes him forward slightly towards Nesryn who stood fearfully.

Lucian was unsure of how to react. He picked the map up and walked away, looking back at the fairy.
"I'll come back in the morning." He said, before she stopped him.
"No! Wait-... I might need your help." She looked warily to the vampires. They understood her concerns, fairy blood was supposed to taste like utter heaven in a magic bottle.
"Okay."

Eric stalked towards her slowly, his height demanding a sort of submission as she lowered her eyes to the dirt ground. He gently moved her hair to her back in a simple swoop of the finger. He leant down and smelt her hair and the sweet scent of rose filled his nose. He sighed in contentment at the thought of finally feeding on her. He leant down at a snails pace and inhaled the skin on her neck and admired her collar bones.
"Wait!" She said, putting her hand on Eric's shoulder. She looked up at him from beneath her lashes, concern was ridden across her porcelain skin.
"Blood is going to get all over my dress, I'd rather it be on an inexpensive item of clothing." He nodded before she gently took his hand and led him inside, Godric and Lucian following behind.

Nesryn felt her heart racing as she led the almost-stranger to her room where she looked around awkwardly before lighting the candles.
"Okay..." she said before turning around and beginning to undo the laces on her dress. She struggled the more she did and sighed furiously at such a thing. "Would you... help me please?" She asked innocently.

Eric had sat on her bed awkwardly and was rubbing his legs with his palms. Tomorrow would be the day he felt the sun upon his skin for the first time in over 700 years, if it worked that is.
"Yes, of course." She turned and he began to unfasten her dress before it fell to the floor. She was left in an inexpensive corset that she didn't care about and a chemise with undergarments. She had never felt so exposed, even if they had seen her completely naked the might before. This time she was well aware of his prying eyes.

She slowly turned to face him and looked down in fright when they met eyes. The moment was somehow intimate between the two strangers and she was concerned about the ruining of it in the next five minutes. Amongst Eric's hostility, she could see the humanity begging to be found once again. She had imagined that spending all his time with a vampire older than Christ himself had removed what humanity he had had left. She hoped her company might've allowed some of it to return to the Viking.

"Are you afraid Nesryn?"

He asked, tilting her head up to him as he lay his eyes upon her jugular. The feeling of her pulse echoing in his ears as he watched the veins flow with her delicious, ambrosial blood.
"Should I be?" She asked, with the gentlest voice he had ever heard speak. Eric was concerned, her fragility was clear and the fear for himself was also emotive in his frowning expression.

"No, you shouldn't be." He muttered, gently tilting her neck to the left. The candlelight in the room, illuminating her almost glowing skin. She closed her eyes tight, preparing for the shooting pain of his fangs sinking into her skin and draining her life supply. "You should never be afraid of me." He whispered before licking his lips and motivating his still mouth to move down to her skin, piercing her neck with his fangs.

He felt her pulse at first but soon the gushing flow of ambrosia came over him and he could only compare such a thing to drinking the elixir of life itself. The way her hand rested upon his chest as he drunk from her like a sweet, little teacup filled with the wine of the gods.

He had never tasted anything like it, and he would never taste anything like it again.