𝘿𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙢𝙨 𝙤𝙛 𝙖 𝙎𝙞𝙣𝙛𝙪𝙡 𝙉𝙖𝙩𝙪𝙧𝙚.

—❀—

Nesryn

Nesryn

I had been walking through the woods for a long while now, the mossy stone beneath my bare feet being a usual feeling. I glanced down at the beautiful white dress that I searched my mind to try and remember whether I had ever seen anything similar to in my life. In truth, it was more of a nightgown then a dress. As I walked further along the cobblestone path, I noticed a castle. Upon approaching, the doors suddenly opened and I was faced with a huge overgrown throne room, the nature taking back from where it had once belonged.

There, sat in the throne, was Eric.

He looked glorious. A Viking like crown made of silver and gold sat upon his head and as he tilted his head it moved. His eyes were wide from surprise, it was as if he hadn't seen me for hundreds of years and I had risen from the dead to see him.
I certainly felt dead.
"I have waited so long for you to return." He spoke. It only puzzled me further, and in my state of confusion he had moved to stand directly in front of me. He leant his face down and pressed our foreheads and noses against one another. I placed my hands on his face, but felt alarmed by my own actions.

Why did I do that?

"Eric..." I whispered in a low tone, as if I was about to burst into tears.
"I am here, my love." He suddenly pressed my lips against his own, his hands reaching down and sliding beneath my gown. They ran their course up the sides of my legs before reaching my bare hips.
"You're all I've ever needed." He muttered, tearing his mouth from mine. As he leant in to kiss me once again-

I jolted up right and pressed my hands to my lips, before looking around frantically, noticing the rising sun was bursting through window. I quickly clambered out of bed, grabbing a simple work dress and a new corset and chemise as I would have to wash the ones I had worn yesterday. Blood was a tricky thing to get out of white thing but I had a little spell that did the trick.

Once dressing fully I stepped out from my room and noticed the abundance of clutter around the room that hadn't been cleared away

Once dressing fully I stepped out from my room and noticed the abundance of clutter around the room that hadn't been cleared away. I quickly got to work clearing everything away and once I had finished I would begin my daily round in the forest. Mending trees and feeding the animals, as well as checking on the deer I had taken care of a couple nights ago now.

Shutting the front door behind me, the sun was immediately in my eyes, the brightness halted my line of sight so I placed my hand on my brow to shield them from the light. My squinted eyes made out a figure, half naked and arms wide, the sun casting down on its pale body.
"Eric!" I yelled, running towards him, then noticing he was not burning at all. "Oh my goodness." I muttered.
"It really worked Nesryn." He said, opening his eyes and down casting his view to me. He smiled before picking me up and hugging me like I was a toddler. I didn't have the heart to not return the hug because I couldn't imagine what this had meant to him.

I looked down and noticed he was without a covering on his top half and for some reason my body withered like a rose at being clenched against it. Good god he was a sight in the sun.
"Eric... you're squashing me." I muttered in a breath and he apologised before lowering me to the ground. His hands remained on my waist and as I looked up and noticed my hands still on his bare shoulders, almost admiring his skin that was as smooth as fine silk. I quickly tore my arms away at the thought of my dream this morning.

What on Earth was happening to me?

"Eric... your blood. I think it's affecting me in some way." I said and the reaction he gave of descending his eye-line and removing his hands from my waist gave it all away.

"What have you done to me?" I asked with caution.

"My blood will allow me to feel you and your emotions. I will be able to sense your fear for example, which could be useful if you are ever in danger." I couldn't argue with that, considering I was being hunted like a stag would be by a royal party.
"Is there anything else?" I asked, hinting at the change in my... attitude  towards him. He nodded and looked up at me, his eyes penetrating mine.
"You shouldn't be alarmed if you feel some sort of... attraction to me." I scoffed and pushed him a little. "Attraction of a sexual kind." I inhaled deeply at the provocative words and turned around.
"You may also... at first anyway, find yourself having dreams of me."

"Well that's already kicked in." I muttered and he turned me around, a smirk, blatant on his face.
"What did you dream of Nesryn?" He asked, raising his head but keeping his eyes on my face. They flickered down a little and I pushed his arms off of my body.
"I have to work, enjoy the sun Eric."
I spoke with annoyance before storming off to the pen where the baby deer lay. I rested myself gentle on my knees, and from my wiggles back I took out a few herbs for the fawn and he took it happily. I smiled, gently caressing it's forehead before using my magic to try and further heal the deer.

"Come, I'll drop you off home today." The fawn, I had decided to call Toby, gently stood with shaky legs. I chuckled and helped him walk a couple steps before he panicked and fell to the ground. "It's okay, you just need some practice." I smiled and watched as he walked further and further before reaching where I had crouched. When he made it to me he jumped into my arms and we hugged.

All the while, Eric had been watching me.