𝙐𝙣𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙋𝙖𝙨𝙨𝙞𝙣𝙜.

—❀—

As Nesryn wandered through the forest with Toby at her side, she hadn't realised Eric following just moments behind

As Nesryn wandered through the forest with Toby at her side, she hadn't realised Eric following just moments behind. He had kept hidden amongst the trees and had decided to just watch on as to what she was supposed to be doing. He noticed her talking to the fawn as if he could talk back and she would reply to him as if he could. It was rather amusing to the vampire.

Eric couldn't help but avoid the shade and shadows as he felt that the moment he stepped out of the sun, he would never be able to do so again. He had slipped his shirt back on and watched as she stopped every now and again to hum to a broken branch or wilting flower, as she did so, it returned back to their full strength. Eric had assumed that it was what someone had mentioned being 'the song of the flora'. An ancient spell in the disguise of a song that only wood fairies had known. It was supposed to give life back to any dying nature and the very way she would sing this tune was enough for him to believe it. The forest and nature around her seemed to spruce up upon hearing every note from the melody and he couldn't deny that it certainly made him feel more alive than he had in a while.

They came upon a stream, the rocks poking through the water surface allowing for ripples to be made. But it was when Nesryn looked up in shock and began to lower herself into a crouching kneel that Eric felt worried. 'Was someone there to be feared? She had looked slightly concerned.' He thought to himself, so he readied for any danger may it come. But instead of danger, out from the underbrush stepped a... Beautiful. White. Horse.

What Eric didn't notice until it was fully visible was the grey horn poking out from the horse's forehead. As Nesryn looked up, the horse stepped forward and the fairy stuck out her hand for the unicorn to lean forward and initiate the first touch. Nesryn smiled, a light laugh coming from her mouth. Eric's heart withered at the noise, through her long years of life, she had somehow maintained this picturesque innocence. Truly, Eric had lost his humanity on the first night of being a vampire, not that he had much as a human anyway... but the way she made him feel by a simple gesture of humanity made him wish for numbness again.

He had always looked at anything that was humane as a curse to his blessed vampiric nature that he had relished in for all his hundreds of years as the monster he had once been taught to fear as a child. Eric looked away from her, looking into an empty space of earth and reminisced on his times as a human and how he would hate to go back. Yet... he still thought of his family and how they deserved justice. But that was a long time ago and he doubted that it would ever come around anyway. He looked back and noticed Nesryn in a bit of a state of sudden fright.

"Go! Go!" She shouted in a whisper, warding off the unicorn to run and it did. She turned to the small deer and whispered to it, it turned back and began to ran as fast as it's little legs could take it. Suddenly, a horn sounded through the forest and Nesryn looked around in a flurry of emotions and began to pick herbs by the streamside and place them in her little basket. Eric watched on in puzzlement.

Above her, overcasting the light was the silhouette of three men on horses. They trotted along the hill above the stream from where it ended and they stopped upon seeing Nesryn knelt down one the forest floor.
"Miss? Do you need some assistance?" The Scottish accent was as clear as day but the words coming from the man were not. Nesryn looked up and cleared her throat, before imitating a Scottish accent and replying.
"Oh no, thank ye, sir, I must be getting back now." The three men came down to the stream and dismounted their horses in front of her.
"I've never seen you 'ere before." She smiled before continuing to pick the herbs, but the man grabbed her arm and stared at her hand.

"You're not married... even better."

He shoved her back against grass verge and began to unbuckle his belt, Nesryn crawled back and began to muster her strength before launching herself upwards onto him and motioning towards the tree. The branch creaked before coming down and plucking up one of the men, lifting him from the ground and tightening around his arms and waist. The other took a step back before Eric sped in and snapped his neck. Nesryn was still on top of the attacker himself, his large amount of strength was keeping her from releasing her arm to getaway. Eric quickly launched his mouth into the mans neck and fed from him with so much anger and brutality. Blood spilt onto Nesryn's apron and as she fell to the ground she crawled backwards and noticed the man still up in the tree. Once Eric knew the man was dead he released his body and it fell to the ground.

Nesryn motioned her hand to the man in the tree, golden glitter-like magic appearing from her hand as she bent and retracted her fingers at different times, the branch suddenly unweaving from the man's body. He dropped to the ground with a loud yell. Eric growled, about to finish the job before Nesryn stopped him.
"Scottish soldiers never come around these parts, we need to find out why they did today." She secretly pleaded for there to be no more killing. Eric nodded, giving her his hand that was stained slightly in blood. She took it and he pulled her up.

"Bring him back to the house."