𝙒𝙤𝙡𝙛𝙨 𝘽𝙖𝙣𝙚.

—❀—

Lucian

Lucian.

"Father, I'm afraid that this won't work. I'm afraid that Nesryn will be in danger and I will be the cause."
I revealed to my father as we readied ourselves within the tree line of the forest. We had watched Nesryn ride into the castle and we had to wait for her signal the forest creatures to begin a distraction. I would be heading out soon to take away the threat of Alaric.
"My son, know that you are not alone on this battle field. We are all here for back up if you need it, but trust in yourself above all and know... that you will not." I nodded and had trust in my own fathers faith in me.

"The sun is setting, prepare yourself." Father said to both Vincent and I.
"Are you ready Vince?" I asked and he nodded, his bow and arrows at the ready. "Because I need you to be."
"I am brother, don't worry."
"Do you know where Eric is?" I asked while correcting my armour.
"I thought he was with you..." I looked up and took a look at the castle.

"Son of bitch."

—————————————————–

"I did not know he would do this." Godric said as we all sat in confusion and panic. "I had no idea."
"We know, because he did it off his own fucking stupid plan: to be the hero. But no, he's just gone and ruined our plan and sealed Nesryn's fate." I cried out in annoyance.
"We don't know that, we just have to stick to the plan. We can't let this change anything." Darla proclaimed.

"Lets keep our wits about us." Vincent said before our father cut in.
"We need to proceed now, the birds are readying themselves. Nesryn is signalling to them..." and all turned to look at me. I nodded to the room before making my way out and charging toward the castle. I shifted quickly to wolf and as soon as I reached the gate I shifted again.

"I am here to challenge Alaric, second in command to combat." Said guard raised his brow and jumped down from the battlements.

INTRODUCING: NIKOLAJ COSTER-WALDAU as ALARIC DEMETER.

"You challenge me dog? For what purpose?" I looked him in the eye

"To prove that you are not what you are known to be, that you are in fact a weakling coward." He growled beneath his breath and released his fangs. He stabbed his sword into the ground before removing his chest armour.
"I'll have fun killing you dog."

I quickly shifted and howled to the moon before he jumped straight towards me but I had already jumped to the side. I placed my front paws on his chest and pushed him to the growled, growling and barking for him to take heed. He pushed me with such force that it threw me back.
I knew I needed to draw him back and away from the castle so my brother could get a clear shot. From my marking of his combat strategy, I had already figured out a way of doing so.

I took a bite of his arm and tore him from above me to further toward the tree line. I felt his blood in my mouth and I snarled before charging toward him while he was disorientated and healing from the wound. I pushed him hard towards the tree line and he fell to the ground but quickly regained his strength and charged towards me, just missing my back, and catching my tail which he dragged my back with and threw me to the side. Now was the chance.

As I lay, pretending to be defeated, I barked the code and awaited for the arrow to be fired. Alaric came over me, ready to kill me as I lay still.
"You were a worthy opponent alpha." But before he could get to me, an arrow fell from the heavens, straight into his chest. It was wooden and within moments the vampire was decreased to a pile of insides.
I shifted and looked at the remains, the ghastly smell making my stomach churn. I shifted and ran toward the tree line, finding all the animals still there and not moving.

"Why are they not doing anything?"

"Nesryn... she's-... not communicating. The signal completely cut out like she was-..." Darla said and I turned back to the castle.

"Oh god."