𝘼𝙣𝙨𝙬𝙚𝙧 𝙈𝙚.

—❀—

"Who sent you?" Was her immediate question as they sat down to explain themselves to each other

"Who sent you?" Was her immediate question as they sat down to explain themselves to each other. Godric and Eric were well aware of the time and knew that they had about 2 hours until dawn. The fairy looked incredibly tired but she refused to rest while there were still questions to be answered.
"The vampires have been well aware of your existence for a while now but no one could ever find you. We weren't sent, we've come here to protect you because you're extremely valuable amongst the community. If... he takes you for himself then the rest of us will never have a chance at feeling the sun on our skin again. When we heard he was getting closer to finding you, we knew we had to find you before that could happen."

"How did you find me then? I hardly leave the vicinity of this forest. The closest place is Midhope Castle which still isn't for miles." Godric looked to Eric, he had done most of the discovering.
"There was an old woman at the castle that had said the soldiers passed by a camp site nearby. We presumed that it was probably you, but that camp was far away from here. And then we heard you. Our hearing is obviously much more enhanced than yours and we managed to find you."

She raised an eyebrow.

"Where you decided to spy on me while I bathed?" Eric laughed a little and Godric looked unfazed.
"Woukd you prefer it if we... interrupted?" Eric challenged while looking her up and down. She leant back and placed a hand to her chest where the v-neck exposed the milky skin of her chest. The way it rose and lowered was a marvel to Eric and Godric who had no need to breathe at all and it had been a long time since they did so.

"Why now? Why wait so long to find me? If he's a vampire then he must be at least 500 years old. That's how long it's been since..." her voice as she looked over her shoulder at her bare that once held the strongest wings to fly through the sky.
"We're not sure but I know he's just as old as I... if not older." Godric replies, leaning forward and rubbing his hands together. Very obviously agitated at the task at hand because he had many questions too.

"I have a question for you." Eric spoke up, standing and gazing down at the wood fairy.
"Why are you still here? The fairies were wiped out years ago... why are you still alive?" Her eyes flutter upon the memory of her brothers and sisters leaving her to go to another dimension.

"They were not wiped out they... they fled from these lands to another dimension." She ran her hands through her lengthy mane.
"Well... why are you still here?" Eric asked, caging her in with his arms while she leant back in the chair.
"Someone has to look after the woods-..." he began to laugh. She looked over at Godric, fear written across her face.

"You lie." He practically growled in her face and she stood up all of a sudden. Rage extremely present as she began to speak they both were alarmed by the creaking of the wood.
"You will not intimidate me in my own house!" She yelled, the walls caving in and the light dimming from her words. Both vampires were startled by her neurotic display of power and control. Her eyes glowed golden and glitched when she realised what her fury had bought upon the house. She stumbled back into the seat and began to shake violently.

All the creatures in the house, who had once cowered when her show of power began, came back out of the hiding place. The small bunny she had quickly made friends with, hopped up onto her lap and worked its way beneath her arm. Her face was buried in her hands as she cried. She looked down to the bunny and smiled gently before noticing the vampires unsettled state.

"I'm sorry... it's a-... a difficult subject to discuss. And to understand." As Eric went to charge more questions, Godric held him back.
"That's enough for this evening. We will need somewhere underground to sleep so for now we'll just bury ourselves outside." He stood and motioned for Eric to leave the candlelit cabin. He did so, with a small hesitation to gaze at the woman. His look was apologetic but still held as strong look of determination to get a proper answer.
"Of course... I'll see you tomorrow night." She said, not showing any specific emotion accept from fright.

Frightened of herself.

Godric walked out while Eric lagged for a moment, staring at the woman.
"I'm sorry." He said, barely audible enough to be a whisper. "I shouldn't have pried... it's not my business." She looked at him, tears embedding themselves in her eyes like pricks of the thorns in her feet.
"It's okay Eric, I understand. I'm sorry too... I shouldn't have got so angry." She chuckled, falling back into the chair with tired eyes. Barely a second went by when her heartbeat became regular and she had cascaded into dreamworld.

He picked up a small covering and laid it across her body. He felt... abnormally human doing such an action. Godric stood at the door and watched such a brief moment pass by in history, yet it was one he would remember. In 700 years he couldn't remember Eric doing anything vaguely that humane. He felt something himself, looking upon the beautiful fairy who had obviously been alone for quite sometime.

"Eric... come." He said, his progeny following him out the door. But not without one last glance at the sleeping wood fairy.

"Do not get attached Eric. We're here to protect her from someone who will stop at nothing to get her. A vampire is not at the mercy of his emotions.
Is that understood?" Eric looked at him with a charming smile.

"Yes Godric."