four

"Luke you have to believe me, we need to do something. Dad is dead and who knows who's next!" I pleaded to my older brother with tears streaming down my cheeks. I told him everything that had happened to dad, and showed him the note. My brother rolled his eyes for the fourth time already, shaking his head back and forth at me.

"Andi, you know how dad is. He goes on these trips all the time, what kind of crazy story are you making up in your head? Are you using again?" Luke's eyes got wide as he walked closer to me. I cannot believe he really thought I would make something as crazy as this is up. He thinks I'm abusing drugs again, that's how batshit crazy he thinks I am right now. 

"I have tried telling mom and she hasn't answered a single call of mine. You are my only hope you have no idea what I witnessed." I begged, pinching my eyes shot as sobs left my mouth. Luke walked over and took the note in between his hands, furrowing his eyebrows and analyzing it. 

"This is dad's exact handwriting Andi. I'm sorry but I think we need to call that rehab center again, college must really be stressful. I don't know how you came up with this sick and twisted story, but dad does this all the time when he needs a break from the world. He'll be back soon, don't worry." Luke tried to comfort me with a small smile while rubbing his hand on my arm. I shook him off of me and turned my back to him. I could hear him sigh under his breath.

"Get some rest, I think you need it. I'm going on the boat with my friends today, so I won't be home until much later tonight. Also, I think we should call the rehab center soon. I know you want to be closed off and in your own little world Andi but if you don't want my help at least you can have theirs." Luke muttered while grabbing his things and his keys, getting ready to leave. I ignored him and angrily walked to my room. 

The house was quiet and alone once he left. I laid on my bed, putting a pillow over my face, sobbing into it. Why wasn't anyone believing me? Why doesn't anyone care? Do they really think I'm that crazy? I know it sounded ridiculous and I can see why Luke thought it was totally normal for my dad to disappear for a little bit. He did stuff like this all the time which surprised me that Harry and Cooper knew exactly how to cover it all up. They knew every single thing about my family and me, and it brought goosebumps to my skin. 

I got up instantly and found myself walking towards my parent's bedroom. My head was spinning from all the crying that's been taken place. I was still surprised that Harry and Cooper let me go so easily just from signing one piece of paper. They blackmailed me for my silence, which angered me to no end. I closed the door behind me and took in the giant master bedroom I never spent time in. I walked over to my parent's bed and lied down on my father's side of the bed, pulling the covers over me.

God, I missed him. I missed him more than I thought I ever would. I felt so alone in such a big house and it was killing me inside knowing I couldn't do anything. I fluttered my eyes closed, hoping that sleep would overtake me and I could be brought into the dream world. Dreaming was seeming a lot better than living in reality. Reality was making my world fall apart. Sleep overtook me and I was soon embedded in a dream I didn't want to wake up from.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

My eyes shot open, the darkness surrounding me, as I felt the covers of my father's bed, drowning me into the mattress. I could hear voices in the living room and the shuffling of bodies pacing back and forth. Who was at my house?

Before I knew it, I felt large hands grab at my arm and yank me towards the floor as I was pushed under the bed. Before I could yelp out a scream, a large hand covered my mouth harshly. I opened my eyes and saw the glimmer of green eyes staring right back at me with furrowed eyebrows. I recognized these green eyes and knew instantly it was Harry. Was he going to try and kill me? I tried yanking my body away from him as tears were beginning to brim my waterline. His strength was too much and I wasn't able to get away from him.