ten

Andrea Castro

The car ride was dead silent, and I refused to even look at Harry. He didn't utter a word to me and I was thankful for that because I knew I was going to explode any second now. I kept my eyes locked, staring out into the window as the tension in the car was so thick you could cut it with a knife. My lips felt like they were burning ever since Harry had touched them and it hurt me how he used it as an excuse to prove a point. I thought to myself how I would never let him that close to me ever again. I was naive for thinking someone like him could ever take affection that seriously. 

I watched as we reached Cobra-13, the large grey building making me shudder in fear. Being at this place felt so eery. It felt foreign to me and I hated stepping foot in such a dangerous place. Harry quickly parked the car getting out as I followed along, shutting the car door behind me. 

"What does he want?" I muttered under my breath, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear. Harry looked at me and sighed. 

"I'm not sure, but I guess we'll find out soon." He replied as we walked up. I watched as Harry scanned his ID, as the glass doors opened, proceeding us to walk in. I watched as eyes glanced at us, all the agents in the building watching our every move. Harry seemed nonchalant about it, ignoring it as he pulled me along through the unfamiliar walls of this place. I recognized Cooper, Harry's partner, at a desk and he swiftly got up, walking towards us and stopping us in his tracks.

"Apparently we have another case coming our way. Sergeant hasn't spoken to us about it yet, but rumour is going around that he's going to be giving it to us. Another shot to not fuck it up this time." Cooper spoke as Harry furrowed his eyebrows.

"Who is it?" Harry questioned but quickly glanced at me and shook his head. "Actually, don't tell me yet. Let's wait until it's just you and me." Harry spoke once again. I looked down towards my feet, feeling like I was completely in the wrong place. It terrified me that this was his life, and Cooper's. They were spy agents who murdered people for a living. I still couldn't wrap my head around it and I knew I was better off not knowing who their next victim was. Ignorance was complete bliss at this point. 

Harry grabbed my wrist and dragged me down to a long hallway. It was so quiet and the walls were blank. It felt like we had been walking for forever until we reached glass doors. Harry scanned his ID once more and they soon opened for us. We walked into a big office with metal scanners, and my eyes caught sight of a tall burly man with a beard leaned against a desk. My breath hitched in my throat and I soon realized I was face to face with Sergeant myself. He looked terrifying and his dark demeanor caused goosebumps to rise on my skin. He had a stern look on his face and pointed to the two seats in front of us, gesturing us to sit down.

I looked to my left and saw Harry's jaw clenched, but when I looked into his eyes I saw blatant fear. He was just as scared of this man as I was, maybe even more. If Harry was scared by him, I should be horrified. I didn't believe anything could scare him because of the kind of person he was and the things he's done. 

"Do you know why you're here Ms. Castro?" Sergeant's words were dark and stern. I snapped my head towards him and gripped the handles of the chair I was sitting in. I tried to gulp down the lump that was in my throat before I could speak.

"I-I somewhat know why," I replied, the shakiness in my tone very evident. Sergeant proceeded to sit down in his desk chair, folding his hands on the desk, his eyes burning into mine. 

"You're currently staying with Styles, am I correct?" He questioned, tilting his head to the side. I quickly glanced at Harry as he nodded his head quietly. I looked back up at Sergeant and nodded my head towards him. "You won't be staying there forever. Eventually, you'll be able to go back to your life and go back to your house, but we do have an issue." He proceeded, his last words haunting me. I feel like I could never go back to a regular life after everything I've witnessed and been through.