nine

Andrea Castro

I woke up to bright lights peeking through the blinds in the room I was in. I winced in annoyance, rolling over and covering my head with the covers. My head was pounding and aching, the throbbing making my head spin. I knew it was from all the alcohol I had consumed last night. For a brief moment, I did feel numb and it helped to forget everything for a little bit. I sat up in the bed, rubbing my eyes with my fingers and sighing.

I was mad at myself for what I was telling Harry last night. I can't believe the words that had come out of my mouth. I was a bit embarrassed, feeling like I was being a little too honest towards him. I did find him attractive, but the shit he's done doesn't make up for it. I wanted so many answers, and for some reason, I wasn't getting them. I tiptoed out of my bed and felt the weight of my body wanting to roll back inside of it. I was scared to face Harry after last night, especially after everything that had been spoken. 

I quickly walked down the hallway, to find him sitting at the kitchen table, eating his breakfast quietly. I noticed another plate at the table, realizing he had made some breakfast for me too. A small smile lifted upon my lips, noticing the cup of coffee he had fixed me as well. Soon enough, he turned his head to look at me, and I could hear a quiet sigh slip from his lips. He had a saddened expression on his face, and I knew he probably felt just as uncomfortable as I did. 

"Good morning," He quietly said, while turning back around and taking a bite from his crisp toast. I didn't respond with anything and sat down at the table with him. I stared at the food in front of me and started to take small bites from it. "We need to talk about last night," Harry muttered, his eyes looking back up at me. I swallowed the lump that was beginning to form in my throat and I huffed under my breath.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I quietly said, not wanting to make eye contact with him. I could feel my cheeks burning up with a crimson red color, feeling the embarrassment of my actions from last night running through my nerves. 

"Don't lie to me, please just don't lie to me." Harry's voice got louder, his hand reaching over the table, his fingers lifting my chin to direct my eyes towards his. His green eyes were getting dark and it felt like they were putting me in a trance. I pulled away from his touch and quickly looked back down at my food again.

"I was drunk, whatever I said was stupid and probably didn't make any sense," I mumbled, playing with my food with the fork. I could hear Harry sigh once more. What was he trying to do? Make me admit to the words I had spoken last night?

"I think drunk words are honest feelings and thoughts." He spoke, staring at me, hoping to get some reaction. I ignored his comment and kept looking down. I reached for my coffee, taking a small sip from the mug. 

"Whatever I said, it doesn't matter Harry, so move on." I angrily spoke, my voice getting a little louder. 

"Really? Because from what I remember you wouldn't stop complimenting. Something about... my eyes being pretty, how attractive I am-"

"Harry, shut up. Just stop talking about it, I don't even remember saying that." I lied through my teeth, not daring to even look up into his eyes. My palms were beginning to get clammy and my cheeks were burning red. Of course, out of the whole conversation we had, he picks out the one that makes me the most embarrassed. What about the conversation of him admitting to wanting to kill my father? The thought of it sickened me, and I didn't want to bother bringing that up once again only to cause a bigger scene. 

"What if I kissed you right now then huh? Would you pull away?" He asked while standing up from his seat, the chair screeching against the floor. A breath hitched in my throat, and before I knew it, he reached for my arm yanking me up towards him. He pushed me against the kitchen counter, his face mere inches away from mine. I didn't know how to react, or what to do. Would I push him away if he tried?

"Just stop-"

His lips crashed into mine, stealing the last breath I had from my lungs. Before I knew it, I was actually kissing him back. Our lips feeding into one another, the taste of his lips feeling so comforting. He pulled me harder towards him, as my arms leaned against his shoulders, my fingers holding onto his brown locks of hair. He leaned his head to the side, beginning to get more access. His large hand reached for my thigh, his touch sparking so much inside of me. He lifted it up against his hip as I tugged on his hair some more. 

He ran his tongue against my bottom lip, and I let him in, his tongue battling with mine. I could feel him groan under his breath quietly, thinking I wouldn't notice it. I couldn't stop myself. I didn't want to leave this exact moment for some reason. He hungrily kissed me, and the feeling felt indescribable. Our lips were flowing so perfectly together, and it felt right. I wanted to pull him even closer, but our bodies were already fully touching one another. He was running his other hand across my cheek, squeezing it, never wanting to let go so my lips wouldn't leave his alone. I could feel burning in my core, and I would let him take me right here on this counter, but I didn't want to go that far. I couldn't go that far. 

My thoughts were interrupted as he pulled away from me completely, his warmth leaving me instantly. My eyes were wide, as he left me there feeling breathless. 

"That was just to prove my point. It didn't mean anything, just so you're aware." He laughed while shaking his head. It felt like all the air was sucked out of me. Why would he even think to do such a thing? He made me feel so hopeless, and so stupid for thinking he meant it. For one second, he made me feel so naive.

"You're such a jerk!" I angrily yelled at him, while walking up to him and shoving him. He fell back a little, his mouth bursting into laughter. You could hear the laughter echo through the home, knowing this was all just a joke to him.

"Oh, you must've enjoyed it huh? I can't say I'm surprised, of course, you would." He laughed while holding his stomach. I felt the lump in my throat start to grow and I wanted to burst into tears. He made me feel like such an idiot. I felt tension build up in the pit of my stomach, my emotions getting the best of me. I lifted my hand as fast as I could, ready to collide it with his cheek but he was too quick. He grabbed my wrist in his hold, his eyes getting dark as he glared at me, realizing I was going to slap him. 

"Don't even try it, Andi. It's not my fault you take things too seriously, you silly girl." He smirked, dropping my wrist as it lay simply by my side. I was in awe at how much of an asshole he was. Silly me, for thinking he was worth even kissing. 

"You deserve everything bad to happen to you. I can't believe how much of an asshole you are." I spit at him, crossing my arms over my chest and looking down, not wanting to even look at him at this point. I could hear him shuffle over to me, as his fingers lifted my chin, wanting me to look at him. I refused and backed away from him, directing my eyes back to the floor. 

"You can have that attitude all you want, but don't even dare to bring it to Cobra-13 today." He muttered with annoyance laced in his tone. My ears perked up at what he said, my eyebrows furrowed as I looked back up at him.

"What? Why are we going to Cobra-13 today?" I questioned as he nodded his head towards my words. 

"Sergeant wants to see you. Apparently, you guys have a lot to talk about." He taunted, raising his eyebrows with a smirk. I suddenly felt nervous, feeling like I could throw up. This Sergeant guy scared me a little bit, and I wasn't sure as to why he wanted to speak to me. 

////

hope u guys enjoyed! sorry for making harry an asshole, but i promise it will all make sense later <3

pls make sure to vote and comment! i love getting feedback and seeing people enjoying this story, gives me even more motivation to write!!

-s