Chapter 5, Flower Farts and Calvin Klein

ADORA

I was shocked when Lonnie sat with us at lunch Tuesday and Wenesday , she told us Catra only sat with her on the first day. Then they split up, Kyle and Rogelio sitting with the wrestlers.

Where is Cata then?

Lunch ended with nothing significant happening just like the rest of the week. I have gym with Carta second to last period, but we were in different groups, so there was no time to talk. We didn't have lots of time to talk at all in home room. We actually learned things, and same with Chem. We walked together, but it wasn't nearly as interesting as the first day. She was just not talkative and dismissive a lot.

Probably trying to compensate for the first day when she was a dork.

---

I walked into the locker room with Scorpia. The soccer team was in there already getting dressed. I strolled over to my locker and grabbed my stuff out.

Since me and Scorpia are the only girls on the football team, we have to share a locker room with the soccer team. It's not terrible, but it gets weird when you go in there alone and don't know anyone.

Scorpia got done way faster than me. I was still putting on my thigh and knee pads. I hated lacing those padded pants up. They were just so awkward to put on.

After I finished wresling with my pants, I was taking off my shirt when Scorpia darted to another row of lockers. I grabbed my shoulder pads and practice jersey to follow her. I didn't really care that I was just in my sports bra and leg pads because when I exercise, I usually just wear that with leggings instead.

I rounded the corner to see that she had Catra in a bear hug, swinging her around. Catra looked like she was going to vomit at any given momrnt. I stood for a few seconds, giggling to myself.

"Okay, that's enough Scorpia, put her down." I laughed as Catra leaned against th lockers, clearly dizzy.

"I missed you so much, Wildcat! We should catch up after practice! I can show you my apartment! We even have a mini fridge! A-and a..." Scorpia was on cloud nine, but she was rambling.

"I can't, have to work with Adora after school," she said it without even looking up. When she finally looked up and noticed me. She seemed surprised I'd been there, even though I had talked to her or at least talked at her.

She quickly regained her confidence and grabbed her shin gaurds, slidding them into her socks.

"Nice abs, Adora." Catra smirked when I got red in the face. She laughed, " Anyway, I gotta go, practice is gonna soon and I don't want extra laps. See you later...princess "

She waved and swaggered away. I recovered from my blushing and quickly put in my shoulder pads and Jersey. I'm trying to forget the incident as a whole, but Scorpia doesn't pick up on that kind of stuff.

"You do have nice abs!" Scorpia laughed and started to head out, "Don't forget your helmet, Adora! "

I snatched my red and gold helmet off the bench and ran outside with cleats in hand. I sat on the bench and laced up my smelly shoes. We had been doing summer practices for a while, just like all the other sports. Try outs where held a week ago. I think Lonnie is a second string punter. I think it's cool one on the Horde transfers is on the team. It gave me something to talk about with her. I headed out to the crest in the middle of the field.

"Run 2 warm-up laps, GO!" screamed Coach Hordak.

We all took off sprinting.

This practice was gonna be hell.