chapter 37, Hurricane

CATRA'S POV

The lightness of yesterday was gone.

Adora's post had nothing but support and congrats on our relationship, and Kyle and Rogelio where officially a thing. I should been nothing short of delighted when I found Scorpia and Perfuma had made our gaggle of friends pancakes. Not to mention they had straightened out Adora's apartment.

My housemates didn't know the severity of today and the hurricane they where in for. I don't really think Adora did either, but at least she understood that this wasn't a normal day.

By the time Adora's company had left and it was just us and Bow and Glimmer, the air was thick with dread.

"Adora, maybe you should where a dress or something?" Glimmer asked Adora, but it was clear she was looking for my approval.

"It may help. The head mistress has never been one for not-formal occasions, but don't be too formal" I shrugged off my confusing sentence and returned to playing with the strings of my new thrasher hoodie.

"Okay, you dress Adora, and I'll dress Catra" Bow smiled nervously, " It's good to get help, especially from the most fashion toward person in school "

"Oh? I didn't know DT was here" I smirked as a pillow was hurled at my face.

"Whatever... We'll meet at Bow's house in an hour and a half. Be dressed by then" Adora sighed and leaned into the couch further .

I stood up and gave her a uncoordinated kiss on the cheek and awkwardly shook Sparkles hand before I was pushed into Sparkle's pink bug. The drive was extremely short and boring, but we pulled into Bow's huge drive way and got out. He quickly pulled me into his huge house and down to his basement.

In other circumstances, it would've been extremely weird to get pulled in a Boy's basement, but under these circumstances it was allowed.

"Okay, so semi casual?" He shook my shoulders with an unnecessary amount of intensity.

"Yeah, but I swear I'm not wearing a tie" he disappeared into a room off the landing as I pointed at him accusingly.

"C'mon scardy cat, we gotta get you dressed for the dinner that will either make or break all your relationships from here on out" he smiled and tugged me into the room.

"Don't remind me" I mumbled as a switch flicked on to reveal a room filled with racks clothes and mirrors, " Why do you have this stuff? "

"Glimmer likes doing her makeup and one of my dad's helps with the theater department, so I got a bunch of clothes and vanity mirrors from the old auditorium" he shrugged and immerged from a closet carrying what looked like thousands of button downs and polos.

Damnit this is gonna take a while.

ADORA'S POV

The drive to Catra's house was really intense. She looked really nice in one of Bow's crimson polo's from when he played golf. She was wearing some of Bow's dads old Kahki dress pants. At some point or another, I think everyone in our friend group who could wear those pants has. They where to big for her, but thanks to Bow's magic they seemed to fit. Her hair was slicked back with only a few strands of the usual mess in her eyes.

I felt underdressed in my white blouse and leggings. Glimmer insisted my hair be down, but I refused. I said I'd wear flats, which she accepted as collateral.

I sighed, which got the attention of Catra. She looked over with a frown that she hid behind a smirk. The more and more time I spend around her, the more and more I notice how much she hides.