Chapter 21, Scenic Skating

CATRA'S POV

I hadn't talked to anyone since the sleep over thingy. It was fun, but had to go to work almost as soon as I woke up. Shadow Weaver gave me a nasty black eye for being late to work, and said if I even tried to hangout with anyone, she'd make life hell. I really didn't wanna listen to that hag, but being injured the whole week, I knew she meant it. My eye doesn't hurt anymore, I'm kinda used to it at this point, but I didn't get to talk to anyone for a week. I work for a tiny garage about 10 minutes from Sparkles house. They mostly did sport cars and motorcycles, which is the only reason I have a bike.

I woke up 3 hours early to skate to school. I live decently far away, so it was necessary. I had on my Dickies staright leg black work pants which smelled like gas and had stains on them and my old maroon and black soccer jersey from the Horde. I had an old moth bitten flannel tied around my waist. I really wanted to take my new Revive popsicle deck skate board, but decided to take my old cruiser board instead.

I power slid down hills and ollied up curbs at high speed. The back roads where much nicer than the highway I took daily. The moon peaked through the bright green leaves, leaving specks of a glowing white on the dark old pavement. I carved around a corner at high speed, barely missing the old copper guard rail preventing cars from diving into a lush ravine. The air was fresh and crisp with the smell of mowed grass filling the air.

The sun was just born into the sky. It's gentle orange hue left a soft tingle of warmth on my skin. It must have been about 7 o'clock by now. I still have a good 45 minutes until I reached the school. The bell rang in two hours, which gave me sometime to get coffee from the shop a few blocks away.

I bombed a huge hill that signaled the town boarder. I had to power slide a good 5 feet to slow down enough to slow down enough to continue on the road. The trees broke to reveal the massive amount of farmlands surrounding the old winding road.

It seemed to continue forever until I reached the residential district, which butted up with the back of the school. I wasn't going nearly as fast anymore, and the sun was beating down on my back. I passed the houses and their little yards until I reached the mass concrete expanse of the monstrous campus. I skated past it and down the hill toward the strip mall a few blocks away. With the new collected speed I reached the shop in no time.d

I opened the heavy glass door and sat in line of the heavenly smelling little shop.

"Iced Chai tea latte please" I asked.

The women smiled as I went sit down and wait. I looked around the small family own business, scanning the costumers and posters on the wall. The lady called my drink and I walked up and snatched it. The treck up The hill was gonna suck.

Better get started dumb ass.

ADORA'S POV

Me and my friends sat at our usual table about 45 minutes before school started. It was a typical day. A typical week. Lonnie told us Catra was grounded and that's why she could not talk, which was annoying to say the least. No one had seen her in the entire week, sure she was in class, it we could really see her. men

Not like I care or miss her, that's dumb and I like men anyway.

Okay, I care a little. And maybe I like her a little teensy tiny bit.

Since Catra was grounded I had to finish our project, which was easy. She did most of the work, I just put into on a poster and made it pretty. that was always my job in the first place, so I guess it didn't matter anyway.

I sighed and drifted my attention the giant windows surrounding the cafeteria. I caught a glimpse of Catra practically floating down the hallway carrying a drink. She seemed taller and more tired than ever.