Chapter 9, Operation make Catra jealous to spare Adora's ego IS A GO!

ADORA'S POV

The drive to school was quiet. I offered to take Catra to school. She begrudgingly accepted

I opted to wear my basketball shorts instead of her joggers. It would feel weird walking around in another girl pants— who I just met by the way— the entire school day.

I did, however, steal her sweatshirt. It was too comfy to give back, and she told me to keep it until I got my football hoodie anyway.

Catra wore a long sleeve crew neck sweatshirt. Her baggy work pants tucked into her steal toed boots made her seem like she had to work later, but knowing her, she may just dress like that.

I don't actually know if she had a job in the first place. If she did, I'd put money on her being a mechanic of some sorts. It explain how she kept such an old bike in good shape. It also explains the boots.

She even had on gloves, and she did say she got paid yesterday.

Her all black out fit seemed on pare for her, but she seemed to value comfort over anything, and the outfit seemed uncomfortable.

The bags under eyes made her look older than Madame Razz, and herbloodshott eyesweree filled with what I assumed to be anger. Catra was tense. Tense-er than usual at least.

Why is she so pissed all the sudden?! Did I do something?!

I stared at her from corner of my eye.

Maybe she is self-conscious about her back,  and I didn't take a hint? She thinks I'm judging her?

Her bloodshot eyes stared at her boots. I desperately looked for anything to change the subject so we could start a conversation and I could make her feel better.

Catra... sports... Catra likes sports!

"Are you gonna watch my game tomorrow night?" Catra frowned and crossed her arms .

Not good.

"Its my first game...It could be fun....a-and later since Frosta is throwing a party for the soccer team after the game... it uhh... could be cool if you went with me? Win or lose at the game."

Her eyes went wide," They are throwing a party and didn't invite me?! I'm even a starter, and they didn't even mention it! Now I'm even more pissed. "She folded her arms and grumbled her eyes, getting more intense.

"Fine....Don't go then, I'll bring my date instead!"

Her eyes got wide before narrowing to slits.  She clenched her jaw.

"Fine then. I didn't want to go anyways."

I didn't know why I said it, because it wasn't true. I didn't have one, but I could find someone to fill the gap. Even then, I'd have to recruit Bow and Glimmer and it would be a pain to explain.

Why does this always happen?

Thank goodness we were almost at school before she could bring it up again. Catra got out and slammed the door. She strode away from my car and away from the school. Away from me.