Chapater 38, bitter sweet

CATRA'S POV

If you would've told me on the first day of school, that I'd be sitting voluntarily in the principals office with my guidance councillor, Glimmer's mom, and the preppy tour guide (even if they told me I went to pride and had a girlfriend) I woulda flipped you off and laughed. But here I am, signing a packet filling a petition for emancipation just before my first away game as the star player in the team. I know it's not an instant process. It could take up to 6 months to even get a hearing scheduled, let alone be free of her, but Adora said that I'd always have a place to stay, even If I lost the case.

"Last signature before I head off to the county clerk, are you sure about this?" My stuffy councillor raised an eyebrow at me with concern.

Please, it's been almost three days since that dinner. No way in hell I'm going back.

I simply scribbled my name on the line and slid the document back. She nodded and grabbed it, exiting the cramped office. The door shut with a heavy thud, causing a spaced out Adora to jump in her seat a little. I snickered a little as Angella cleared her throat, adding waves of unessicary drama.

"I know this has been difficult for you guys. Especially Catra, but I want you to know I am here for you. As a principal, and as someone who would take a bullet for you because you are like my own children. I advise not to tell the general public about your case, until We have a court date" She smiled at me softly, trying to probably comfort me.

I really don't need any of your pity.

"Thank you ma'am" I nodded curtly and looked at my watch, " I think we should head out before I'm late to my game"

"Very well. Do us a favor and wipe the floor with those Mistacore Mariners" she smiled and gestured towards the door.

I chuckled as I hefted the heavy glass and steal door open, Adora trailing aimlessly behind me. The burst of fresh air was nice; I hadn't noticed how stuffy the office was at all, but this was the is an in comparison. I was hardly out of the office when I was tackled in a hug by Scorpia and the rest of My old housemates.

"Lonnie told me you left, I was so worried wild cat" Scorpia was sobbing into my neck as Lonnie and Rogelio awkwardly patted my shoulder.

"You shoulda seen Weaver after You left. God damn, it was interesting. She smashed plates and tried to bust you're motorcycle. Luckily Scorpia was able to get in her truck before she could do anything" Lonnie smiled awkwardly and sunk her hands in her pockets.

"I bet, but as much as I love the stories, I gotta bus to catch"

Scorpia released her death grip around me, revealing Kyle was actually sandwiched between us. He looked around confused but gave me a smile anyway. I turned on aural and started my procession to the gym. I left the group with a smile and wave before disappearing around a corner

ADORA'S POV

Me and Bow where saving Glimmer's seat while she got popcorn during the end of the half. We drove a whole hour to watch Catra's game in Mistacore. Of course Sea Hawk tagged along, but I had no idea where he was at the moment. He had practically sprinted from the car after an hour of constantly asking if we where there.

The game was fantastic though.

Catra was practically a one man army. She was playing practically every position, and it was paying off. The score was 6 to 0 and there was no hint that Catra was letting up anytime soon. I was pretty sure I would die if I was her.

She had been kicked, head butted, elbowed, shoved, and plainly Laid out to many times to count on both hands. She had also been dishing it out, which caused many corner kicks to be sacrificed. Luckily Catra was on top of it and was able to stop all of them and cleared it up the field. I was snapped out of my Catra skills induced trance when I felt a few light pangs on the back of my skull.