Chapter 34, sad jock

All of the Horde transfers including Huntara and Octavia made their way to the locker room. Every one but Adora was listening to a pep talk from Hordak at center field. She had left as soon as the game ended.

With a sigh I pushed open the heavy medal door and walked into the locker room. Adora hadn't noticed us as we walked in. She had her back turned while she was about to put in a sweat shirt. I could tell she was fresh out of the shower cause her hair was down and glistening with water, which is something I've never seen before.

I'll have to remember to take Adora's hair out of that dumb ponytail eventually.

I slid up behind her and wrapped and my arms around her bare waist. I kissed her collar bone lightly.

"Hey Adora" I tried to be gentle and sweet , but my voice came out raspy, tired, and overly sweet.

I had started to get off Adora to let her change, when she whipped around and pulled me into a rib cracking hug.

"Catra... Don't be mad at me...please... I-I messed up" she buried her head on my neck.

I glanced at my friends over my shoulder, who where awkwardly in the door way. The football players had already grabbed their duffle bags. I waved at them like I was dismissing them. Huntara raised an eyebrow at me, but I just scowled and waved them out again. She shrugged and left quietly. Turning my attention back to the blonde, I noticed her grasp becoming tighter and tighter every second, until it was struggle to breath.

"I won't be mad, I promise. Just tell me what happened, okay princess?" I started to run circles on her back hoping she would relax and let me breath .

"Its...your asshole care taker.... We tricked me into telling her we where a thing... I-i didn't know she was gonna get mad, She seemed really excited about the rumors a-and it kinda just slipped o-out..." I felt a gentle stream of tears soak into the fabric of Adora's Letterman jacket and her arms slowly released me ever so slightly.

"H-Hey... That's okay, I'll be fine, I always am" I smiled although the tiny crack in my voice betrayed my faux confidence.

"But... She said you could stay at my house all weekend" She let Her arms down completely from their perch around my bust.

Her eyes where puffy and She was still choking on her words but she continued anyway.

"And she wants to have me over for dinner Sunday night"

I wiped the tears from her eyes with my thumb. She still looked very upset and disappointed.

"I'm down with that, I get to be with my baby all weekend" I smiled and kissed her cheek. Looking for a way to lighten the mood, I settled on flirting, " Now you better put on a shirt, cause I dunno if I can control my self much longer"

She giggled and slid on my Horde Soccer hoodie. She crammed her equipment into her locker with a grunt and the turned back to me with a sad smile.

"What if Mrs.Weaver says we can't...we..." She trailed of slightly and stared expressionlessly at the polished concrete floor.

"Then fuck that, since when do I ever listen? Besides you can't survive without me princess" I smiled and hefted myself under her arm, trying to guide the jock out the door.

"Sometimes you are too cute for your own good, ya know that kitty cat?" She smiled and kissed my forehead as we stepped into the cool late September night .