Chapter 13, Rotten Eggs make terrible omlets

ADORA'S POV

I immediately knew Catra was here, cause I heard her call every one dicks. I didn't really scan the crowd much. I knew she was here and that was all that mattered. We where up by 3 points because Lonnie kicked a 55 yard field goal.

I was stuck on the bench, hoping our defense could long enough for a turnover on downs. We only had 3 minutes left of the game. Scorpia sat next to me, gripping her helmet. I was afraid she would crush it.

Scorpia really wanted to win, She wanted to show Catra that She isn't the kid the ran away from the Horde. She wouldn't admit it, but I was pretty sure that's what she was thinking. She told me about guilt and has about leaving when we first met.

I loooed away for maybe a second and our defense broke.

They scored.

They got the two point conversation.

We only had a minute and a half, and now we where now losing by 5.

Scorpia stood up and put her helmet on, frustrated and holding back tears.

"It's not over! Stop giving up, we can still score. We will SCORE!!" She screamed at the team and stood on the side line.

Most of the team agreed and put on their helmets. I did too.

We had to win.

I stood up and put on my helmet. I was walking to the side line when Hordak called us all over.

"Adora... you know what to do..." He turned to our senior quarter back, " Hb toss off the left side. Scorpia, guard her with you life. Don't let up the left flank. We only have one shot at this, and Adora is our best bet. Don't mess it up. You guys are Bright Moon, put on a show no one will forget. We strong with that kick, we gotta finish string now, or never. Now get out there and SCORE!! "

The punt return squad rushed into the field and got ready. I glanced at my friends for support, but there was one extra.

Someone tanned with with Gold jewelry littered on their collar. Short flowing hair. Freckles. And different colored eyes...

Is that...Catra? No she has long hair... wait...It is.

Snappping out of it, I was pushed onto the field by Hordak.

Have they already kicked and returned?

"Hurry up! The play clock is running down!" Scorpia nudged me gently and got down on the left side. I went into my position, still staring at Catra

" I SWEAR I'LL KILL YOU IF YOU MESS THIS UP BLONDIE!" Catra howled at me and made a motion to turn around.

I took a deep breath and took off.

CARTA'S POV

I smiled at Adora from the stands. I knew it was her. I just did. She turned around and got ready.

They snapped the ball at the 20 yd line and Adora took off. The QB tossed Adora and underhand throw and started after her. She ran down the left sideline Scorpia next to her, body checking anyone who got near her. She juked a guy and sent him flying into Bright Moons bench.

The 50.

The 40

The 30

The 20

She was home free.

No one was even close to her as she strode into the end zone. She slowed to a stop, standing at the edge of the end zone. She saluted to the crowd then dropped the ball. She strode off to celebrate.