Chapter 31, Strawberry ice cream

ADORA'S POV

"Really? Strawberry? That's like the absolute worst flavor of all time" Catra cackled.

"Geez, it's better than cookies in cream with marshmallow fluff on top, that is a recipe for diabetes and hours on the toilet," I shoved her arm as our ice cream cones where handed to us.

We walked out of the store in tandem. Catra was still laughing hysterically as she hopped on the hood of my jeep. I took my perch next to her and licked my ice cream cone.

Catra was eyeballing me the entire time.

Is she finally gonna make a move... I dunno I I can handle that...geez..

Then she pounced and bit the cone.

So much for that idea.

"Asshole! Seriously?" I shoved her and served the damage she had done.

"I wanted a bit of cake cone, what can I say?" She laughed through a mouth full of artificially flavored Styrofoam.

I pouted and licked my cone again with a sigh. She sighed and kissed me on the cheek quickly. My heart did a summer sault in my chest, which almost made me vomit up my ice cream.

"What can I do to make it up to you Blondie?" She shrugged and used her normal raspy and sickly sweet voice.

Any air of romance was gone when she bit her ice cream.

Like actually bit. Like it was a hunk of meet or a French fry. I can't even.

Who bites Ice cream?! Monster!

"Never bite your ice cream, ever, and.... You gotta come to my game next Friday against the Horde" I grinned and slurped a chunk of strawberries up.

She shot me a pouty glare that morphed into a flirty smile.

"Fine, but me and my housemates might sit on the other side" she shrugged as I glared daggers at her," Geez Adora, I had friends ya know?"

I giggled awkwardly and finished my half eaten ice cream cone. Catra at her entire waffle cone in one bite, which was impressive and disgusting all at once.

I could be a dick....nah...but she might be cute if I embarrass her... But that rude.

Fuck it.

"To bad you're gay, cause you'd be good at giving head" I doubled over in laughter as I got a firm punch in the bicep. It was probably more funny in my head, but the look on her face was priceless.

"What ever princess" She struggled to hold back and embarrassed grin, which was so worth it, and hopped off the hood and held her arm hand out to help me down," Would the princess care to escort me home? "

"Only cause you asked kitty"

CATRA'S POV

I opened the door at 6:56 on the dot. I tried to hurry upstairs with all my gay shit, but I was stopped as soon as my toes touched the first step.

"I love when car trouble makes you go to the mall on a date" Mrs. Weaver came out from the shadow she had been lurking behind .

"It's wasn't a date, I swear" I tightened my grip on my two bags.

"The word on the PTA says you are a dyke, and you're confusing that girl" she tapped her hand on the railing and stepped closer, " I will not let you ruin that girls life. I will not let You ruin my reputation in their new and beautiful town. You are a sorry excuse for a child, let along almost and adult "