168

"Protect you. Nothing can get through this box, I won't let your side be expelled.", I say while my eyes take on another color. They are now half grey and half light blue above the grey.

"You know you can't keep this up forever son. This takes up a lot of concentration, even if we can't starve in here, it still drains you a lot.", my dad says, sitting down to start waiting till when Soobin's concentration will crumble.

"Not forever. But I'm willing to do this for as long as it takes. I will protect Yeonjun. If you expell his demon side he will lose his memories. And I won't let that happen. He saved my life already, so now it's my time to help him."

"When did he do that?"

"When Beomgyu brought me home and I was sleeping. We almost died that day, had to fight against a demon who even survived one of the devil's attacks. If Yeonjun hadn't taken a punch then I wouldn't be here today."

"Why should the devil fight against his demons?"

"Because that one was out of control, had killed several demons and humans already and was a threat to everyone. Hell doesn't work the way we thought. And that demon was the one who killed mom too."

"And why should I believe that son?"

"I met the devil myself. And I know how he acted towards me. Towards my Friends. Towards Yeonjun."

I try my best to explain it to him but he doesn't believe it, I can see it in his eyes. Yeonjun now looks at me with tears in his eyes, surprised and desperate.

"Soobinie, we could just let him do it. I don't mind it, really.", He says while putting his hand on the box, I put mine onto his on the other side, only this box is separating us from holding the others hand.

"But I don't want to lose you."

"You won't. I'm sure I will fall in love with you again."

"But I don't want you to forget any of it. Nothing of all we have gone through. The trip, the sleepover, how we first met, every little thing and memory. It's more previous than anything so I can't and won't give it up. Not today, not anytime soon."

Yeonjun starts crying while listening to me, now showing how much that thought actually hurt him too. He held it in for so long, trying to be strong even though he's so hurt. But now it's all crumbling down, showing how he really feels.

"There you have my answer dad. I'm not doing this. I won't let him forget anything."