171

He's been awake for way too long. It's taking a big toll on him, he can't hold this up much longer, me and his dad notice.

Soobin is sitting there in the corner of the box, leaning on the walls, breathing heavily, sweating, looking really exhausted and done.

Being awake for those two days straight was already too much but with the box being there too... I'm so surprised and impressed he hasn't collapsed already.

He's so determined....

"Son. Just stop, you know you're way too tired and exhausted. You're damaging yourself.", His farther says, but Soobin just smirks while answering.

"Never. If he's gonna forget about me then I'd rather damage myself before letting that happen."

Words which cause me to tear up. I don't want him to damage himself for my sake. Yet again it shows me how much he cares about me, how much I mean to him.

A short time after he said those words I notice that the box suddenly starts fading away on one corner, his dad notices too. Soobin lost consciousness, his body can't take it anymore. After two days he finally collapsed, causing the box to disappear.

With trears rolling down my cheeks I catch him so that he leans on me now and doesn't fall on the ground, hug him tight, burying my hands in his shirt.

His dad gets up, expression still the same as before, a dark glare.

There are no words needed, I can read everything from his eyes. His anger towards demons, the hurting from losing his wife. The sadness. Everything.

But I just sit there, looking back at him with my sadness, my hurting while grabbing onto Soobin, my precious love and life.

Time seems to go by so slow, as his dad raises his arm with the cross in hand, being ready to expell me.

But against my expectations he just stays like that. No spell, just his arm raised, the cross pointing directly at me.

"Fine, you two win.", He suddenly says and lowers his arm again, puts the cross back in the sleeve while sighing.

I look at him surprised and confused at the same time.

"You can dry your tears boy. I'm ready to listen. After seeing how determined my son was and that he obviously really loves you. Bring him upstairs in his room so he can sleep, then let's have a talk. You have a lot of things to explain to me and also prove."

What...

Is happening...?