Birthday Gift: Frazel

AN: A Frank/Hazel one-shot

Two lines. That's all it took to make Hazel squeal in joy. Two lines. A new life has been made.

Hazel stared at the two lines, standing there completely still. Her husband Frank pokes his head through the door. "You okay there?"

She quickly hides the thing she was holding behind her back. "Yeah, totally fine."

"Okay," Frank said, but then he frowns. "What made you squeal?"

"Nothing," Hazel said, trying her best to lie even though she is definitely not good at it.

"Okay," Frank said again. "Tell me if you need me okay?"

Hazel nodded and Frank left the bathroom, closing the door behind him.

...

"You okay over there?" Frank asked as he watched his wife puke into the toilet. He gently pulled her hair up and rubbed her back, trying to make her feel better.

It was in the morning when Hazel woke up, she got hit with a wave of nausea. She immediately ran to the bathroom and threw up everything she ate yesterday. It was not a pleasant feeling.

"I'll be fine Frank," She told him. "I'll be out in a second."

Frank nodded and went out. He hopes his wife isn't sick or something. He decided that he should cook breakfast today. So he started with eggs, then he cooked the bacon.

He heard voices from the bedroom. Hazel is probably talking to Annabeth or Piper he thought before setting the table up and Hazel comes out a minute later.

...

After Frank left the bathroom, Hazel immediately IM Annabeth. "Oh Iris accept my offering," She said as she tossed a drachma inside. "Show me Annabeth."

The mist shimmer a bit before showing Annabeth in her house. "Zoe! Draw on the paper, not the wall!"

The little girl giggles. She is a combination of both her parents. Blonde hair with sea-green eyes. She acts like her father but could be as smart as her mother.

"Annabeth!" Hazel shouted. Annabeth turned around and Zoe came into view. The four years old looked at her in confusion before cried out. "Hazel! I haven't seen you in a while."

"Can I talk to you alone?" Hazel asked Annabeth.

"Sure," Annabeth said as she went out of view. She comes back a second later. "What about?"

"I'm pregnant," Hazel said softly, making sure Frank didn't hear her. His birthday is coming up and Hazel wants it to be a surprise.

Annabeth's eyes widen before a smile shows on her face. "Congratulations! Did you tell Frank yet?"

Hazel shook her head. "I am telling him tomorrow."

"Oh," Annabeth said as her eyes widened. "Tomorrow is Frank's birthday."

Hazel nodded her head. "See you later. I'm going to tell Piper."

"Bye," Annabeth said as she waved through the mist.

Hazel fish out another drachma from her pocket. "Oh, Iris accept my offering. Show me Piper."

Piper comes into view. She looked shocked when she saw Hazel. "Hazel! What a surprise!"

"Hi Piper," Hazel said. "I have something to tell you."

Piper looked around before saying. "Me too."

"You want to go first?" Hazel asked.

"Sure," Piper said, before whispering. "James propose!"

Hazel has a smile on her face. James was a son of Apollo. Ever since Jason died, Piper have not been the same. James is the one that brought her out of her own world.

"I'm pregnant," Hazel whispered.

Piper smiled. "Congratulations! Did you tell Frank?"

"No," Hazel said. "I am telling him tomorrow,"

"Congratulations on your proposal as well."

Piper smiled. "Thanks! See you in the Argo II gathering."

"Bye," Hazel said, this time she is the one waving through the mist.

...

"Where are we going?" Frank asked the next day. Hazel told him it is a surprise. As he kept walking forward, he could hear the birds singing and water flowing. Must be in a forest, Frank thought.

When he opens his eyes, he sees the most wonderful view he had ever seen. "Wow Hazel, what is this place?"

"Happy Birthday Frank," Hazel said.

Frank looked shocked before he suddenly remembered. "Oh yeah, is my birthday."

Hazel laughed softly. "You were so busy you forgot your birthday?"

"I guess," Frank said as he sat down in the picnic blanket Hazel had spread. They sat and talked for a while before Hazel told him.

"I wasn't planning on getting you any fancy present but then an opportunity present itself," Hazel started, a little bit nervous.

"You don't really have to get me anything," Frank told her though he couldn't hide the excitement in his voice. "What is it?"

"Here's the problem," Hazel started. "It won't be here until eight or nine months later."

Frank is now puzzled. "What on Earth would take that ... oh."

His eyes trail down from her face to her stomach. He was so still, making Hazel a little scare. In a soft voice, he asked. "I'm going to be a dad?"

Hazel nodded, not trusting herself to speak at the moment. "I'm going to be a dad!"

Hazel laughed, glad that he isn't mad or anything. Frank picked her up and spun her around. He kissed her softly and whispered in her ear. "Best birthday present ever!"