Chapter 1 - the beginning

"Antoinette Rosenburg, your engagement will be annulled!"

'What?' A flood of memories hit the poor, platinum haired girl on the floor as her eyes widened in shock. Memories that weren't hers, yet they were. They were the memories of her past life, where she was Jieun Park, a 20 year old university student adopted into a family with 2 siblings and a single mother. But now, she was Antoinette Rosenburg, the villainess of a famous otome game: 'Emily's Melody', and the villainess set to die.

The girl was brought back to reality by a sharp pain in her shoulder. Antoinette turned to glare at the blue haired man who had shoved her forward. 'It's alright', she thinks. 'because I know how to react and I know no one gets to treat me like this.' Antoinette quickly took in the situation. She was surrounded 3 boys, all of whom where crowding a small, pink-haired girl named Emily, who was crying prettily, small shivers and a hand clasped over her mouth. Emily Myers, the heroine of the story and her many capture targets, the main ones being: Austin Ainsworth, William Rosenburg, Ryan Faynst, the villain target, only known as Nyx, and the villain target's only trusted aid, Lucas Chester, but who would've thought that the game heroine would have been so different than the game plan. Emily had been found on the floor by the garden stairway, crying tears as Antoinette stood above her. She had tripped and fallen all by herself but when the others had arrived, she had claimed, falsely, that Antoinette had pushed her, telling her to stay away from her fiancé- one of the 3 boys she knew at this point. His name was Austin Ainsworth, first prince of Ainsworth. The others had taken this story as the truth, as Antoinette had been verbally upset on numerous occasions, but this time was different- she had genuinely had only told Emily to refrain from touching him in such intimate ways since it would be seen as wrong by others. However, the story was told otherwise.

"Hey, pay attention you fiend."

Antoinette whipped her head around to see the boy who had made the statement. He was the same boy to declare her engagement's end- Austin Ainsworth, the first prince of Ainsworth and the person who had been listed as her fiancé since years before. He scoffed, looking down on Antoinette before continuing,

"How dare you? To intentionally harm Emily just because she's more talented than you? Disgusting. There's no way I'd let this pass and keep you as my fiancée, in name or otherwise- consider it over."

Antoinette raised her left eyebrow slightly listening to his words. She opened her mouth to say something when she felt a sharp pain across her face, as a boy with platinum white hair, not unlike her own, glared at her. William Rosenburg.

"I can't believe it. To think, I'm related to a useless and untalented thing like you. It's embarrassing. You dare filthy our Rosenburg name like this?"

Antoinette listened to his words, as she felt anger brew in her heart. 'How dare he.'

She stood up and brushed the dirt off her dress, elegantly, before turning to the rest of them. At the other side of the area, footsteps sounded silently as two pairs made their way in the direction of the confrontation, searching for their previous company. Another boy spoke up, his blue hair and yellow eyes speaking for his identity- Ryan Faynst. His cold eyes stared at Antoinette before he turned to his comrades.

"Isn't her crime of assault enough to put her a night in jail?"

Her eyes widened at this, as the three boys discussed words, seemingly agreeing with the question. 'They want to put me in JAIL? For supposedly pushing some girl over? Which I didn't even DO?' She couldn't take it anymore. She laughed. She threw her head back slightly and she laughed a cruel laugh. A villainess' laugh. 'How disgusting.' To think these were the people whose attention she had wanted. Emily seemed to 'cower' into Austin's arms but Antoinette could see the smirk on her lips.Their eyes watched her, thinking that she'd gone crazy before she spoke her words.

"You think you can put me in jail? For supposedly pushing a girl down? I'm quite sorry to say that I don't think it's be quite possible."

She stood her ground and tilted her chin up, looking down on them all, missing the body that had been yanked behind a nearby bush by another body, one willing to intervene in the harsh confrontation, having heard a couple words, and the other attempting to keep the two out of trouble.

"Even if two of you are royalties, there are no witnesses to what pretty, little Emily claims to have happened. On top of that, you cannot simply put me in jail- I'm a child, only 11 years AND the first prince's fiancée. They wouldn't dare put me in jail- how would the public see it?"

They stared at her- 6 pairs of eyes: 2 confused and 4 shocked, but furious even more so. Antoinette flicked back her curled, platinum hair and smirked at them, a trademark villainess expression, before walking off, leaving only the clicking sound of her now-gone heels. Climbing into the carriage that would take her back to her family's house, she remained unaware of the golden eyes that were watching her, eyes filled with admiration, confusion, amazement and the barest hint of amusement. The owner of said eyes stepped out towards the remaining members of the confrontation, his company unable to pull him back.

"Glory upon the first sun of Ainsworth's nation and his companions. Might I ask if an issue has arisen?"

The prince and his companions turned to face the figures.

"Ah, you're here, greetings to you two as well.. Sorry for the mess, but there is no issue. It would be a shame to have our guest disturbed so!"

"Ah, is that so.."

This a bare excuse, the newly introduced pair climbed back onto their own carriage, set to take them to their temporary abode.

" ...get me information. On all of it. I want to know what just happened... with such a one-sided dispute..."

His companions smiled.

"Of course, sir."

Eyes narrowed but a small smile appeared on the other's features too.

"I think I really need to apologise for not doing more... and I think I'd quite like to be friends..."

———————————————————————

everything I wanted - egg

hey guys! author here! the name's mathu, and this is my first time writing so please understand if there are any plot holes, but I'm trying my best :)) i started writing because I recently fell into a reincarnation novel phase after reading reincarnation manga and manhwa lol. i'm going to be putting some songs at the top of each chapter, so you can listen if you want! if you have a song that you think suit's the chapter better please drop it in the comments! and please feel free to leave comments because that would really encourage me! thank you for reading and please leave votes!

"" means speaking aloud
' means the thoughts of the character