Chapter 2 - she who defies fate

In the carriage on the way home, Antoinette went through all information of the story that she had. The former she, Jieun Park, was a university student, who had a great interest in music and the art of dance. She regularly visited dance studios and was studying production of music at her university. She played a variety of instruments, to her siblings' interests and had a slight interest in otome games- one of which was 'Emily's Melody'. The story revolved around Emily Myers, the illegitimate daughter of Baron Myers, found when she was 10. She had become closely acquainted with 5 boys during her growing up. And she, had talent. In this world that revolved around music and dance of the performing dance, she had a voice that left many envious. And there was one person who hated her the most- Antoinette Rosenburg, the villainess of the story. She was a talentless and cruel woman, with an obsession with her fiancée, the first prince of Ainsworth. She had repeatedly threatened the women around him and her attempts to harm Emily had gotten her executed in the game. As she grows up, Emily goes to the academy, where she improves her skills and falls in love. Antoinette Rosenburg, the villainess, attempts to stop her being happy, but she is dealt with instead.

The first prince of Ainsworth's name was Noah Ainsworth. He was described with luscious, wavy, blonde locks and deep blue eyes. He truly was a beauty to the eyes. However, he was someone with a 'quiet' personality, but that was simply as he was never bothered with anyone or anything that he didn't find interesting. In the game, he would find Emily very interesting as someone who had never given up on befriending him, despite Antoinette's attempts to keep her away. In his route, Antoinette is publicly beheaded. The second prince of Ainsworth was the second capture target- his name was Austin Ainsworth. Austin had blonde hair, like his brother, but it was cut neater and shorter. He had an active personality and was fairly loud and stubborn, adamant on protecting Emily from Antoinette. In his route, Antoinette is fed to the animals of Sanivel's forest, not to Emily's knowledge.

The third capture target was William Rosenburg- son of the Duke and the villainess' sweet half-brother. He had grown up hating Antoinette, who was seen as untalented and rude, as well as violent towards the servants of their house and Emily Myers. He had platinum-white hair, like his half sister, but had beautiful light green eyes (from his mother), unlike the villainess' sharp, deep violet eyes. In his route, Antoinette is poisoned. The fourth capture target was someone who also had not spoken directly to Antoinette in the earlier confrontation- his name was Lucas Chester. Lucas was a boy with crimson-coloured hair (long enough to be tied up) and light blue eyes. He had a slightly twisted personality, and like Noah, had only an interest in interesting things. In his route, Antoinette is tortured to death. He was the first prince's first knight and aid. Likewise, was Ryan Faynst, the second prince's first knight and aid. He had short, dark blue hair and an undercut. He was a quiet boy and had grown to be a quiet man. He was extremely talented with the sword and had faith in his skills. In his route, Antoinette is cut down by his sword, bleeding out.

Then there was herself, Antoinette Rosenburg. She had platinum-white hair and gorgeous purple eyes, inherited from her mother.

Antoinette flicked through her memories. This world had 4 countries- two of human descendants, one of elven folk and one of demon folk (though they were harmless at the moment). And so, to her knowledge knowledge, there were also 3 other capture targets, who would enter the Ainsworth Music Academy is their final year, two from one other country and one from another. This, was the information that Antoinette needed.

'I'm correct, one of them came from the kingdom of Kou, right?'

———————————————————————

an introduction chapter to the otome plot!! haha i thought you guys would want to know who the stars of the last chapter were! maybe i'll find visual representations online and put them in a [character log] chapter later!